Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Help with Mods

E

ebphoto

Hey guys,
I received some help the other night on how to get the mods to work on a Mac but I have a couple questions. When placing the mod in the "Z" folder can you leave them in their own folder or do you have to put each .bmp file in the "Z" folder? It would make it easier to be able to have individual folders but not sure. One other question not related to mods, can I play PBEM games with PC users or do I have to play only with Mac users?

Thanks,
Eric

Regarding mods, I don't know how Mac's read subordinate folders. On a PC, Combat Mission games allow and process sub-directories within the "Z" folder.
So within "Z" you can have whatever you want to name your sub-folders as well as other BMP files too; such as,
"Sounds"​
"Uniforms"​
"Terrain"​
"Vehicles"​
"Music"​
*.bmp​
The Combat Mission game will load those files and folders in alphabetical order when the game starts up.
I'm not aware of anything prohibiting Mac users from PBEM with PC users. You each put the "current" *.ema file in your Combat Mission "Inbox" and the game reads it from there. CMHelper might require some special Mac set ups (see http://gregories.net/CMHelper/User Manual/CMHelper.html?Introduction.html)

Good luck and good gaming!

Thank you. I’ll have to check out using the folders like you described. It would help keep things in order so I could change it up every so often. Thanks again..

Back