Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Hi all

D

DoC844

Hi everyone at "The Few Good Men", I have actually only recently stumbled across the Combat mission games whilst i was surfing Youtube and I am very glad that I did. I have been reading up on all the different games over at the battlefield community and also reading ALOT of AAR's because this game series learning curve is STEEP. So after all that I went and bought Red Thunder and have proceeded to get my ass handed to me by the AI on most occasions but its been fun and im starting to get to grips with the game so hopefully I will be looking for some other noob CM players to begin playing online battles.

I do play alot of other titles, mostly through steam, like the total war series, men of war with GSM mod, Arma and such like. As for golden oldies I used to play alot of Blitzkreig, and Talonsofts hex based games going from napoleonic, American civil war right up to the battle of the bulge. Man I loved those games.

As for personal history, well quick overview, I live in bonnie Scotland, I am an absolute history nut, I served 8 yrs in Her MAjesty's RAF Regiment deploying on numerous tours to countries of a middle eastern persuasion, then when i had enough of that I decided to cut short my engagement and go and work offshore, which is what im still doing now.

So im looking forward to playing some battles against you fine chaps but also to engage in some fine debates on historical matters. Cheers everyone see you soon.

Welcome to the Club Doc844 Good to have you with us plenty going on here, We recommend you read the Links to the site take a look I am sure you will find them useful,
The Few Good Men are welcoming you to enjoy your stay with us
If you have an opinion or subject for any of the Forums please join
in the Chat......
You will find a lot of interesting people here, who are sharing your hobby and we are proud of being far more than just a platform for finding war-gaming opponents.

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x-2-cmbn-cmfi-cmrt-add-ons.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee members Hedgehog or Shorker. We will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Hello DoC844,

that was a great introduction! Welcome to THE FEW GOOD MEN!
Good to have you with us! :)

Joining this community was the right decision because Combat Mission is at it's best when played head to head (H2H). ;)

For to get involved into the PBEM H2H gaming action, please go to the gaming section and choose the category with
the game that you'd like to play (CMBS or CMBN etc.). There you'll find the postings for gaming requests
(just scroll down a little). And there you may also start your own, of course. ;)

-------> http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x-2-cmbn-cmfi-cmrt-add-ons.160/

Enjoy the club and become a part of our community - there are many reliable gaming partners here, plenty of stuff to
check out and good people to meet.

Welcome aboard, look forward to a game with you at some point...

Welcome from another Total War player. :)
I'm even still playing Medieval II with Stainless Steel 6.4 mod.

Welcome to the club. I came to the CM games via the YouTube route as well. Playing against the AI is fun at first but this game shines playing against another human. Enjoy, you've come to the right place.

Welcome!
You are in the right place !
A lot of serious players, and also military experts.

Back