Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Hi hello.

A

Apocal

Hey, I'm Apocal from California.

I've been wargaming for about... twenty years now, having really started with Great Naval Battles: Guadalcanal, Close Combat 1, followed by brief forays into TOAW, TacOps, CMx1 and various flight sims. Since then I've really dug into Operation Flashpoint, Sub Command/Dangerous Waters, IL2 series, Falcon 4.0, the Harpoon series, Silent Hunter 3 and 4, and finally came to ArmA, CMx2, Steel Beasts, the Wargame series, CMANO and War Thunder. So yeah, a nice mix between naval and military, but I'm currently stuck on tanks. Historically speaking, that'll change in about another year or two, but for now I like heavy metal.

Still getting my head wrapped around the finer points of PBEM; most of my prior CM experience is in real-time, so mastering pacing in sixty-second intervals is my next goal.

Welcome Apocal. Plenty of opponents and good chat on here - enjoy...

No doubt some of the guys more local to you will be around soon - to say hi...

Welcome! :) I played most of the games you listed (except TOAW and Tacops), with a special long time for Silent Hunter 3 and 4 and Dangerous Waters, as well as IL2 I am still flying from time to time with the last mods.

Drinks are on the new guys... :cheers:

Welcome to the Club Apocal Good to have you with us plenty going on here, We recommend you read the Links to the site take a look I am sure you will find them useful,
The Few Good Men are welcoming you to enjoy your stay with us
If you have an opinion or subject for any of the Forums please join
in the Chat......
You will find a lot of interesting people here, who are sharing your hobby and we are proud of being far more than just a platform for finding war-gaming opponents.

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/the-quiz.192/

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x-2-cmbn-cmfi-cmrt-add-ons.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee members Hedgehog or Shorker. We will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Inland Empire, the desert down south.

The invite still stands, and I can even offer a place to stay in the Ca. Redwoods if need be, as my new home in Monte Rio is about to close escrow soon.

Hello Apocal, welcome to THE FEW GOOD MEN!
Good to have you with us! :)

Joining this community was the right decision because Combat Mission is at it's best when played head to head (H2H). ;)

For to get involved into the PBEM H2H gaming action, please go to the gaming section and choose the category with
the game that you'd like to play (CMBS or CMBN etc.). There you'll find the postings for gaming requests.
And there you may also start your own, of course. ;)

-------> http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x-2-cmsf-cma-cmbs-add-ons.169/

Enjoy the club and become a part of our community - there are many reliable gaming partners here, plenty of stuff to
check out and good people to meet.

Hey, I'm Apocal from California.

I've been wargaming for about... twenty years now, having really started with Great Naval Battles: Guadalcanal, Close Combat 1, followed by brief forays into TOAW, TacOps, CMx1 and various flight sims. Since then I've really dug into Operation Flashpoint, Sub Command/Dangerous Waters, IL2 series, Falcon 4.0, the Harpoon series, Silent Hunter 3 and 4, and finally came to ArmA, CMx2, Steel Beasts, the Wargame series, CMANO and War Thunder. So yeah, a nice mix between naval and military, but I'm currently stuck on tanks. Historically speaking, that'll change in about another year or two, but for now I like heavy metal.

Still getting my head wrapped around the finer points of PBEM; most of my prior CM experience is in real-time, so mastering pacing in sixty-second intervals is my next goal.
Welcome Apocal to the ranks, I'm new here myself and I look forward to me you on the battle field.

@Apocal - (Hmmmmmmmm my precious, does we welcome thissss ones????? It'sssss like the othersssss, it said Hello and faded away........... Maybe it tastes nasty precious,....... maybe not....... We'll be watching itsssss!!!!)

Well what can I say - it's been a long day - hah no it's just the meds and the need to keep sounding sane - sigh.... Ta-Ta

Back