Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Hi, Im Facman

Facman

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Greetings all! I am known as Facman here at FGM, my given name is Joseph, but since that was my Da's name they called me Jody. Im a Vietnam Vet (USMC) and have been interested in military history and gaming since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I designed my first wargame for me and my brothers when I was 10 and have never lost interest. I used to play a lot of miniatures, but PC wargaming has left that in the dust. I currently reside in California, with my Service Dog "Gunny". I was part of an online community of Veterans that trained their own Service Dogs. 'Gunny' is a white Boxer. (historical note: The first Service Dogs for the blinded American WW1 Vets were Boxers)
I play CMBN CMRT & CMFI games utilizing DB & h2hh, and am available to play if you need an opponent. I prefer historical/semi-historical scenarios and dont care for QBs (I've run into too many Sharks in QBs). See ya about...

Last edited:
Im a Vietnam Vet (USMC)
:usa2: RESPECT my friend! How long was your tour of duty? And based where/period?
As you already saw I'm a young veteran (Bosnia 2x, Afghanistan) but took alot of $^&*

Although I'm Dutch, I'm pro USA. We fought side by side against the towelheads.

Yo Bram!
Did my ToD in I Corps, specifically in 'Leatherneck Corner'. That's as far north and west as you can be in South Vietnam. I was there in 1969 and my tour lasted 10 months (Nixon's 2nd troop withdrawal got my unit, talk about a happy bunch). I did see you are a Vet, thats why I feel free to call you Brother. :cheers:

Last edited:
Yo Bram!
Did my ToD in I Corps, specifically in 'Leatherneck Corner'. That's as far north and west as you can be in South Vietnam. I was there in 1969 and my tour lasted 10 months (Nixon's 2nd troop withdrawal got my unit, talk about a happy bunch). I did see you are a Vet, thats why I feel free to call you Brother.:thumb:

We Brothers in Arms

Me on memorial day

dodenherdenkingkatwijk.jpg

I notice you are wearing the 'CIB', is that an honor from the Americans you served beside or does Holland have a similar honor?

I notice you are wearing the 'CIB', is that an honor from the Americans you served beside or does Holland have a similar honor?

Its an honor a deserved from fighting along side US special forces. In Holland we have our own "CIB"
Gevechtsinsigne20metaal.jpg

I got it after the above picture was taken.

Hey man,
Thanks for joining and thank you for serving. My dad was a Marine rifleman vet. I salute you.

Give your Pop a hearty Semper Fi from this Brother!
When did he serve and with who? I was with D 1/4, 3rd Mar Div, RVN 1969

Unfortunately I dont know. He never talked about it and I havent seen him in over 17 yrs....

My hat's off to you, sir. My combat tours were nothing compared to what you experienced. Although, I'm grateful. Had your generation not suffered as you had, my generation would not have been led by those whose memories kept the politics out of it. I spent a lot of time in "unofficial" hostile zones, (ie:Honduras, Nicaragua, El Slavador, Panama in '88), my first combat tour was in Panama in '89, during the invasion. I now have a full and true understanding of exactly what triple canopy jungle is like.

My second was a 7 month tour of the lovely Saudi and Iraqi beach, courtesy of Saddam and the Kuwaiti invasion. Some interesting odors from that one.

Greetings all! I am known as Facman here at FGM, my given name is Joseph, but since that was my Da's name they called me Jody. Im a Vietnam Vet (USMC) and have been interested in military history and gaming since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I designed my first wargame for me and my brothers when I was 10 and have never lost interest. I used to play a lot of miniatures, but PC wargaming has left that in the dust. I currently reside in California, with my Service Dog "Gunny". I was part of an online community of Veterans that trained their own Service Dogs. 'Gunny' is a white Boxer. (historical note: The first Service Dogs for the blinded American WW1 Vets were Boxers)
I play CMBN CMRT & CMFI games utilizing DB & h2hh, and am available to play if you need an opponent. I prefer historical/semi-historical scenarios and dont care for QBs (I've run into too many Sharks in QBs). See ya about...
Facman - we may have crossed paths in '69. Wasn't the 3rd Mar along the DMZ? You guys had the hardest job ever, and my hat is off to you. I was with aerial rocket artillery, and flew support missions up there. By the way, if you're up for a battle, I'm ready. I've never played DB (double blind?) before, so enlighten me, huh? I have CMBN-CW,MG,VP, but not CMRT or CMFI yet.

Back