Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

How do I make M10 tanks shoot their MG?

No "Target Light" button available. You have to face with your 'ass end' towards the enemy at a certain distance I believe. If you are within something like 150m your turret will try to swivel to let loose with HE from the main cannon and it will not work. If you are at a longer range than that they will use the 50 cal. I am not sure about the exact distance so do not quote me. Probably have to be unbuttoned too.

You cannot target with it and have to let the AI decided what to do. I am pretty sure it will not fire at infantry in buildings either. At least I have never see that even though I had them spotted.

Yeah I think the way it's program indirectly reflexts why the Commonwealth nations thought there was an excess of MG's on top of US pattened tanks and tank destroyers. It's only useable in very specific circumstances that rarely come up in an engagement. If you are resorting to relying on your M10's using their MG's, you've probably already lost. :p

On paper they were meant to be AA weapons or let Tank Commanders/mounted troops use them while standing on the back deck, but that wasn't really required or practiced in the field by the western Allies. I don't think the troops sitting on the backs of tanks in CMFB can fire the MG's.

With no machine gun, and a very limited HE load, the TDs are good for killing the German armor and ... that's just about it.

Which, I think, forces one to use them as historically intended; purely as a self-propelled high caliber anti-tank gun.
There's a temptation to use TD's aggressively as light armor; as @Ithikial already noted, always a bad idea.

Not M10s, but similar: my recurring experience with M36 Jacksons is that the .50 cal pintle mount catches enemy fire that would otherwise have sailed overhead... usually inflicting a nasty on the exposed turret crew in the process.

Seriously, if I could unbolt those .50s and chuck them away I would.

Back