Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

How does LHC (Large Hadron Collider) works?

Amazing that we waste... I would venture a guess millions of dollars on his while, some people on this planet can't get clean water to drink or food to eat. May God have mercy.

Understanding of basic particle interactions can lead to synthesizing elements - and water, or whatever.

Not even 1 cent which was invested in science is not thrown away.

Many slovenly third world countries don't know how to manage themselves, hence overpopulation, famine and disease etc, they bring it on themselves.
The West has been throwing big foreign aid money at them for years but it does hardly any good, no wonder Jesus said "the poor you have with you always" (Matt 26:11)
Just look at all the fantastic technological advances in science and medicine mankind has made over the centuries because cash has been spent on research, we'd have none of that if it'd been poured into the bottomless pit of third world handouts.
The Congo is a good example, its mineral wealth is priceless but it isn't being mined because the local tribes and factions are too busy killing and eating each other and the country is falling apart.
So yeah lets have the Hadron Collider..:)

I guess it always comes down to priorities... I am of the thought lets clean up a few things first then we can dream big.

I am of the thought lets clean up a few things first then we can dream big.

That's totally normal thinking. But...science usually gets very little money out of their countries budget...Compare their share and military share and you will see that military budget always has few more zeros...

That's totally normal thinking. But...science usually gets very little money out of their countries budget...Compare their share and military share and you will see that military budget always has few more zeros...

It looks to me they enough money....look at how big this is and it's underground!

It's big and it's expensive.
But not expencive like military stuff.
For example, Apollo 11 mission costed about 1.7 billion dollars.
B-2 program costs over 40 billion dollars, and one aircraft around 800 millions...

I am not saying that we don't spend way to much on figuring out ways to kill each other either. It still doesnot negate the fact that we could do better helping each other then spending on these things of dreams and murder.

Science IS important. It's not just finding a way how to collide to particles...
Science advancement is reflected on every single aspect of modern society...
If we* want to help them have clean water, food, etc, we must invest more in sci.

* we = human race

I am not saying that we don't spend way to much on figuring out ways to kill each other either. It still doesnot negate the fact that we could do better helping each other then spending on these things of dreams and murder.

Ever since caveman days the FIRST priority has always been survival against enemy tribes, so they developed spears, bows and arrows in order to survive.
Same nowadays, weapon research is required for survival just as much as ever.
For example in WW2 my mother's family in england were bombed by the Luftwaffe (they survived), and thanks to the money poured into Spitfire and Hurricane development before the war, the Germans were never able to put jackboots on British soil.
Also, remember the news footage of psycho Saddams Scuds hitting Israeli cities in the First Gulf War? Thanks to the US-supplied Patriot SAMS many were shot down.
The Patriot cost billions to research and develop, but it was money well spent.

"Oh, how comely it is and how reviving
To the Spirits of just men long opprest!
When God into the hands of their deliverer
Puts invincible might"
- John Milton 1608-74

Science rocks, this is by far the best investment to either prove, or disprove Physics.

Plus, it would be pretty cool if they ran it at full power.

Back