Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

How important is the H2HH-chat-function to you?

To what extend to you use H2HH chat function during battles?

• Total voters
S

Strachwitz

Gentlemen,

just out of couriosity I really like to know if and to what extend you guys are using the H2HH chat function. I ask, because of constant troubles running H2HH on two different PCs I am not using it anymore for a long time. But I feel I miss a lot by not using it for chatting during a battle and some lines along the long way a battle could last...

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Last edited by a moderator:
That`s true. Maybe I should have asked it that way. "Do you like interaction with your opponent?" suits it a bit better I guess :). I once had an opponent who was fully fledged mad at me not using H2HH chat as he considered it unpolite not beeing able to chat and even called me beeing arrogant not wanting to chat with him. Although I tried explaining it had nothing to do with him personal and this was just due to problems with H2HH he stayed mad. Needless to say it was my last battle against him....

For me is very important, it really increases the fun a lot to be able to comment what is going on!

My use is directly proportional to my opponents use. If it is apparent that he appreciates chatting, I will do so. Then there's Ted, he doesn't use h2hh, but we chat via e-mail almost every day...
So the answer is dependent upon my opponent.

My use is directly proportional to my opponents use. If it is apparent that he appreciates chatting, I will do so. Then there's Ted, he doesn't use h2hh, but we chat via e-mail almost every day...
So the answer is dependent upon my opponent.
Same here.

Hiya,

I'd like a small amount of chat during the game (wouldn't want to give my plan away!) - just to get to know my opponent a little. I love the idea of fighting people from all around the world and the common interest aspect.

I can't get h2hh to work so I'm planning to PM on here. I'm managing one turn a day quite late at night, it would be handy to discuss when we could fit 2 or 3 turns in one go etc.

Cheers,

C.

Yep - same here I think you go with your opponent - some people rarely talk some prefer an ongoing discussion - horses for courses...

Oddly I would say tournaments tend to be quieter - or is that just my competitive edge sticking out...

Another way of communicating with opponent. If you are playing pbem using h2hh then you can easily see if there is a message.

Thanks you very much for all your replies. It helped me a lot to finally decide to try it again with the H2HH. I also liked the occasional dropping of a few lines to my opponent and the H2HH chat function is really comfortable for doing so!

I don't even have H2HH installed. What for? If my opponent and I want to trade banter here or there, we have PMs, email etc.

What for?

For the convenience of not having to load another program. Before or after a turn, if you have H2HH running you can say what you want, and if your opponent has his H2HH running, the chat is instantaneous.

Another feature of H2HH, is the sound alerts that let you know when a new turn is in, or when there is a new chat entry. Admittedly, I have changed the generic sound alerts to my own versions (originals are too subtle for my taste), which are distinctly suited to letting me know what has come in. Incoming arty sounds for new turn and radio chatter for new chat message.

Link to my sound mods for H2HH...http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/mod-for-h2hh.18422/

Last edited:
I prefer the chat, not looking for a full blown conversation but a little communication is nice. This is a club after all and talking with people from around the globe is interesting.

I prefer the chat, not looking for a full blown conversation but a little communication is nice. This is a club after all and talking with people from around the globe is interesting.

I always thought these forums were for that. That is why I come here, that and to find opponents for PBEM. I don't need another software program to be added to my hard-drive taking up space when I have already 2-3 programs for communication. To each his own I guess.

h2hh main function is to shuffle files about and keep your pbem up-to-date, you don't lose track if playing a lot of battles.

h2hh main function is to shuffle files about and keep your pbem up-to-date, you don't lose track if playing a lot of battles.
True, I understand that. But for myself, I only have 4-5 games going on at once max. That is quite easy to keep track of. If I would ever go higher than that, then I would seriously consider using it.

Back