Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[HOW TO] PIN RIBBONS

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Attached is the Ribbon folder... when you complete a tournament collect your ribbon from this folder and insert it into your signature.

Also attached is the list of old tournaments that members were participants in just in case you forget what old ribbons you had.

Attachments

• Snap 2017-11-30 at 13.03.36.png
    Snap 2017-11-30 at 13.03.36.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
  • ResizedPhotos.0.zip
    110.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
So, I am cool with the new way of showing ribbons but that list of available ribbons and who has earned them is a picture file. Isn't that on the site somewhere - I looked but could not find it. I would much rather be searching on an HTML page rather than reading a png file.

Am I missing the page with the ribbon list? If there is none is it going to be replaced at some point?

Yes, I did. I get that we are not going to get the ribbons under the avatar and are instead going to go with ribbons in our signatures. Got it. Message received. Will get around to setting mine up eventually.

My real question is about the future of ribbons in general. There was a page where the list of available ribbons you could get were described (which you attached a screen shot of) and who had earned what. Will new members be able to go to a page and see the list of available ribbons with their description? Will there be a place where the members names will be listed under the ribbon they earned? In a nut shell is there a plan to recreate an update-able page similar to the one that has been lost?

Sorry, Shane, but I'm not a fan of this new ribbon system. Yes, I watched the video. The old system had flavor text to show us how each ribbon was earned, and the new one does not. The new ribbon graphics are about twice as large as they should be in the signature files. Also, as you and I have discussed in the past, I'm a big fan of unique ribbons that are earned by winning tourneys, ladders, etc.

Don't mean to be a "negative Nellie", but that's my opinion on the matter. Thanks for all your hard work.

I agree with that. I even tried to use the bb code img tag's built in support for image resizing but it didn't work. Trying the same for tool tips leads to this:

[MEDIA=imgur]TM7HVmS[/MEDIA]

Basically the opening image tag is not being used if there are any attributes - as you can see it ends up putting the text into the message.

I will continue what Im doing and feel free to use them if you wish... at the minute it is the only option open to us... actually there is another option and that is removing them completely.

So you guys want the ribbons to be smaller with a tooltip option?

Last edited:
Is it then allowed now to show the ribbons and medals earned in MBC and RAW for the concerning players?

The way You explain in the video doesn´t work for me. Don´t know why. I copy the image, open my signature and go to insert image, right click to implement the copied into the bar. But then there is nothing - even the order "insert/paste" is available - what is in general only when one has successfully copied something. Something You would suggesting?

Further there is no button or whatever where I could download the ribbon picture. And if I click on the attachement the only choice I have is to zoom the picture. That is all. What do I wrong? Advice would be appreciated in/for all 3 points/questions.

Greetings

Last edited:
@Sempai - Did you download attachment "Snap 2017-11-30 at 13.03.36.png" from @Bootie's post #1 above

If not,
  1. download that zip file to your local machine
  2. unpack that zip file into your "pictures" folder
  3. determine which award .png's apply to you
  4. upload those specific .png files to your personal account at an internet photo repository (I used Imgur - https://imgur.com/)
  5. determine the specific URL at the new internet location for each award ribbon
  6. apply each specific URL in your signature block individually using FGM's "insert image" tool when you edit your sig.
If you still have problems after that, PM me and we'll sort it out together.

Back