Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Howdy

R

Rockford

Just arrived. Been wargaming for 40+ years, but just got into CM about 6 months ago. (Tried AK way back when, but preferred Close Combat at the time.) CM is pretty much everything I've looked for in a game (although some form of operational level would be a tremendous addition. I've been lurking for a while, so I know there have been efforts.)

Played a lot of Avalon Hill back in the day -- Third Reich, 1776, Tactics II, Battle of the Bulge, Richtoffen's War, Squad Leader and Advanced Squad Leader. Have a few more I've been holding onto but haven't gotten into yet. Played a fair bit of the naval miniatures game Seapower way back when. Also spent a lot of time playing Civ III and Railroad Tycoon II. (If I'm not spending my spare time with CM, I'm usually working on my model railroad.)

Currently playing CMBN, but will eventually be adding CMFB. Primary interest is the Americans in western Europe because of family ties. Doing some research in hopes of eventually trying my hand at scenario/campaign design. (Former journalist by trade, and I've always enjoyed research.)

Haven't played h-2-h yet, so looking forward to getting my butt kicked.

Hey Rockford,

Welcome, I'm pretty new myself and have found this to be a most friendly and helpful group of chaps! played lots of those AH games back in the day too!

Thanks, Seb. My advance reconnaissance led me to believe this would be a good group to hang out with.

Greetings, @Rockford! You should soon receive @Hedgehog's Welcome Wagon hand-outs! They make good reading.

When you are ready for H2H play, consider using CMHelper to manage your matches.
Then, post your first request for a match either here or at the forum for the game(s) you own.

Welcome to The Few Good Men. You've come to the right place for H2H gaming. Good luck and good gaming! Have fun.

Big welcome to the Club @Rockford The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Hello Rockford, welcome to The Few Good Men! :2charge:

Good to have you with us! :)

CM is at it's best when played H2H.

Awesome Greetings to thee @Rockford

Welcome to the Crazy Gang that is this crowd of funsters (Sorry, you'll get used to him one day - most do), we're a fun crowd and most are sensible. You have a similiar gaming background to many here, me included, so should fit in nicely. Fell fre to wander, ask daftish or insightful questions and post long rants about virtually anything.

(Former journalist by trade, and I've always enjoyed research.)

I'm desperately trying to avoid all the obvious comments here, please be relieved on my behalf :)

Yep, that's where the handle comes from. Great intro, and the show that followed was often even better!

Many times I've had the pleasure of introducing myself as "Jim Taggert, Northwestern Marine & Casualty."

Back