Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Human-purchasing for Scens and QB's

P

PoorOldSpike

Okay, I wouldn't say i've mastered the purchase screen (it's far more fiddly than CMx1) but at least I know my way around it (manual p.120+)

On the previous setup params screen I set a 'Medium' sized force, so it's given me 2560 pts to spend (leftmost column).
Lower down the column click 'Formations' (you must always do that first), and at the bottom of the column select the type of formation you want, I've clicked 'Armor Only'-

pu1.gif

These are the Armored formations available. Unlike CMx1 you must buy a big expensive formation first, then delete units from it that you don't want.
I'll click 'Heavy Panzer Battalion (Tiger)'-

pu2.gif

And that will put the Batallion into the 'Activated Troops' window.
However the astronomical cost has plunged me into the red (leftmost columns points have turned red).
Time to do some pruning to bring the cost down, click the '+' (circled) to expand the battalion to see what's in there-

pu8.gif

And this listing will come up-

pu4.gif

Rummage through by clicking on various plusses and minuses to expand and collapse various companies and platoons, and click the 'Delete' button at the bottom of the screen to prune them out-

pu5.gif

And your deleted units will grey out (you can restore them if you make a mistake). I had to get rid of most of the battalion to get the cost back into the green (leftmost column), which left me with just 2 Tigers!
However I've now got spare points to spend so I could select a mix of all kinds of individual units (click 'Formation' in leftmost column and 'Indiv units') to add them to the Tigers, but for this brief basic guide i'll skip it-

pu6.gif

When the game starts, there the Tigs are, ready to win the war on their own!
This guide was only very basic, there are lots more buttons and tits and stuff you can have fun pressing.
PS- if you prefer, you can let the computer choose your forces for you, it's a lot quicker!

pu7.gif

looks like I am going to have to get this game eh... I hear you :ear:

Back