Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

IL2 Stalingrad

G

GCF

hi rookie to this game, played a few sims but could never play them , due to hardware problems, mainly head tracking. that's all sorted now, so looking for flying partner / opponent.
I am rookie, can take off sort of can fly, not to good at landing but hell that's why they give pilots parachute isn't it ?
so looking for inexperienced person like me or an experienced person who does not mind blowing me out of the air a lot until I learn the hard way. :)

Interesting, I used to play a lot of Il-2 1946 in the days, but now I'm going back into Il-2 with another joystick but I feel again veryyyy noob. It would be good to team up.

hi Markojager saw you joined discord, said hello and disappeared, just checking you had no problems with discord, would be great to have you on aboard, have send longer PM on here, and on discord, think we have 2 players in your time zone, don't worry about experience, I still need parachute to land safely :shocknaz:. discord group is just a small friendly relaxed group.
no worries if you have changed you mind, I'm just making sure you where not having problems.

Browsing through steam, I saw that IL-2 stalingrad is VR compatible. Anybody try that yet?
I admit i´m looking for an excuse to get a VR set :devilish:

Browsing through steam, I saw that IL-2 stalingrad is VR compatible. Anybody try that yet?
I admit i´m looking for an excuse to get a VR set :devilish:

yes i do and so do many more, it is the difference between playing the game and being in the game.
i use it everyday will not by a flight sim anymore if it does not have VR support , and yes it is that good. i Fly exclucivly Flying Circus but in vr it is amazing.
give up looking for excuses, lol , it will change your whole game play and not only in IL2

I gave this game a go years back with a mouse and keyboard and I was doing all right on the training missions. After upgrading to a full HOTAS system (Thrustmaster) I struggled with joystick stability. Taking off and landing became a nightmare. I was also sufferring from PC crashes and gave up on the game.

Now I think the PC crashing is fixed and I finally I found this video. This adjustment to 100% sensativity (or the inverse) made a world of difference. First flight successful taxi, take off and landing.

I use IL2 a Samsung VR set. Its stunning. You will need a good HOTAS setup to play. As stunning as it is I often play without using VR. I have a high eye correction and using VR with glasses is more difficult. Right after Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 came out HOTAS and joysticks became hot commodities and prices skyrocketed. I just checked Amazon and things have gotten better, but you still pay more in some cases than you did before FS2020.

Speaking of Flightsim 2020, they way VR was implemented in FS2020 and the ease of which you can switch between VR and non VR is the way I wish it would be done in all VR flight sims.

There is also IL2 Tank Crew. Its still early access but not bad. Once they put more finishing touches on it and add more tank specific maps its going to be great. Right now only the Kursk map is the only one with tanks in mind so while you can play tank crew on any map only the Kursk one allows you to do things like crush buildings.

I go online every now and then and play and that is loads of fun.

Back