Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

I'm looking for a challenge CMBN (I don't have market garden}

Hello toxiczen, I would like to play a battle, after a long hiatus.

I'd like to suggest: 45 minutes, mirror match, large , Allied attack?

Only for information resp. troop picking/unit selection: Do you have the modules "British Forces" , "Vehicle Pack" and "Battle Pack 1" ? :unsure:

I have Commonwealth forces and all the way up to update #3.
I dont believe I have the battlepack

if this still works I can setup a game and send a dropbox link.
do you prefer a scenario or quick battle?

Shorker,

I'm new to CM and hope in a few weeks, after some solo play, to get an H2H game.

What does mirror-match mean?

Jim

@toXiczen : All good - I just need to press the space bar when selecting my units in order to see which ones are not available for our match.
(Example: If I would pick a unit from the VP, the game wouldn't start because your CM version can't display this unit - that's why). No big thing.

A QB, please, with these parameters, if you don't mind:

45 minutes, mirror match, large , Allied attack? Is this OK for you or would you like to play something different? If it's OK for you, then please feel free to set up
the games. :) (will give e-mail via PM)

@JP48 : Mirror Match We play two battles on the same map under the same conditions (except for the wind conditions which unfortunately can't be set like it was in CMx1),
one as attacker (Allied) and one as defender (Axis). That's the best and most fair way of playing a CM QB. ;)

Hi Toxic, things are messed up a little, I suppose. ;) Please look at the right side of the blue menu bar above. There is a letter symbol beside your name and it should show
a little red dot with a white "one" on it. This is the the signal that you've received a private message. I've sent you my e-mail address on Thursday. ;)
I also did create a dropbox folder on Friday and sent you an invite to the e-mail that you are providing under your avatar ("toxiczen at live dot com"). Did you receive it?
You only need to join this folder ("CMBN-toXiczen-Shorker") and put the starting files into it.

EDIT: FILES RECEIVED! Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
@toXiczen : Unfortunately the "preview the map"-function is disabled. :confused:

May you please re-start the matches with "preview allowed"? Thx! :)

go ahead and send me files that match the specs your trying to achieve :) I DO know about private message notifications :p

LOL! :LOL: <- (that smilie looks like a crazy Chinese Kung Fu warrior). Of course you know about the PMs - my bad! ;)

OK, will do. Do you eventually know the number of the map that you've chosen? But I can also start completely new - no big thing.

Completely new works :) just drop em when you got em, and we'll be underway.

@toXiczen

OK, fine. :) I found a nice map, which was nicely designed and also offers some variety. (Never played it before).
With 90 minutes we also have no time pressure.

Hope you like it. Good luck and have a lot of fun!

P.S.: No rules, no limitations - just buy what you want and like. Only one golden rule: No artillery into the attacker's setup zone.
And "rarity" is set on "strict" in order to avoid the appearance of too many Tigers etc. ;)

For some reason the files don't appear when I go to play saved game... :/
I'm using v3.12 game engine 3 and have the commonwealth module...

OK, but at present for to play against others you need to upgrade to engine 4, please, and to patch your game to version 4.02 . :)

Only a question: Are you interested in updating your game or shall we cancel our project here at this point? Both is OK for me - I won't be disappointed.
Do not feel compelled / harassed or anything like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh! I thought I had the latest version... okay when I get home this evening I'll upgrade to engine 4

Back