Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

In remembrance, 9/11, 2001

I remember that day very well. Had late shift in the hospital when the senior doctor in charge told us to come in his office right away. He had a TV running and the collapsing twin towers were shown.

I was a 17 year old Year 12 student about to go into his final exams in a couple of weeks. Around 9pm local time I was on an old online live chat forum and all of sudden it just goes nuts. Within seconds my folks scream out from downstairs for me and my sister to come watch the TV and I knew then something was up.

I was in middle school in my hometown in northern New Jersey. Our teachers didn't tell us anything because most of the students had a parent who worked in Manhattan. The first I learned of it was when my dad picked me up from school. When I asked him why he wasn't at work he told me there had been an attack. Eleven people from my town died in the attacks.

I was living in Washington State then. At that time I used to get up early and turn on the business news to see how the markets were doing. That morning there was no stock talk. I watched until the kids started stirring (3 and 5 at the time) and went to wake my wife up to let her know that turning on the TV was not a good idea. Don't get me wrong we told the kids right away - never hold stuff back - but they didn't need to see it. It was a very quiet day at work and a short one.

Back