Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

IN SEARCH OF A SPECIAL BACKSACK

Sempai

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Dear FGMsters,

For weeks if not months now I´m looking for a fitting Rucksack for a dear friend of mine. He wants a piece that can hold out 50 kg for a longer time and that don´t break if fully loaded and getting thrown over the shoulder on one strap/belt. He wants to use this for wandering/hiking as well as for his training. He´s a bit special in this. Further it would be good if the Rucksack had a load space of at least 75 or 85 litres - better would be something around 120 litres. I searched around the internet so far as possible but all what I found were good looking things with only average performing - if You can trust the comments. Ah, and if possible, the guarantee should be more as 2 years. But this is secondary for now.
So I would like to know Your experiences with or Your suggestions for Rucksacks. Maybe someone can shove me into the right direction. And, please, spare me the shallow jokes! :rolleyes: Only earnest answers, please!

Greetings and thanks in advance!

Thank You, Bert! I never will buy Mil-Tec anymore. Made two times too often bad experience with their quality. The other link I´ll check asap. On first glance it seems that´s all the stuff I already found elsewhere. But I do a deeper look around asap.

Greetings

Thank You, Paleolithic Monk! I found many rucksacks what have plenty of room and should be sturdy. But I found only loads up to 30kg - often the comments said more loading weight led to breaks etc. What do You think about MALICE packs? Are they really an improvement about the ALICE packs? And how much weight an ALICE pack would carry max in Your eyes for let´s say 2 or 3 years without breaking?

Thank You as well, Vartuoosi! I have looked at the Savotta LJK Modular. But if I remember right it didn´t carry 50kg for a longer time.

@all: So, maybe, someone knows a website where one can find proven parameters as sturdiness, max loading weight and so on for different rucksacks.

Greetings

Back