Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Invasion 44 v 2.5

Downloading as well - seems we need to get another ArmA MP session going!

I patched to 1.59 yesterday and it seems to be working alright, so I think i'll push my luck and d/l the Invasion mod later

I seem to have installed it ok, here my Tiger shoots it out with Shermans in a stock mission at grey dull dawn-

AA-inv1.gif

INVASION 1944 v 2.5 recon views

The map covers Omaha Beach and the area behind it-
AAinv2.gif

Omaha Beach-
AAinv3.gif

aainv6.gif

aainv7.gif

aainv8.gif

Approaching Cabourg-
aainv9.gif

Colleville-sur-Mer
aainv10.gif

St. Laurent-sur-Mer
aainv12.gif

BAZOOKAMAN v PANTHER

I put this little scenario together inside 5 minutes in the editor, there's only me (with a zook) and a Panther in it.
I gave the Panth two waypoints to take it into the town centre-
aapan1.gif

Mean machine-
aapan11.gif

aapan10.gif

I take up an ambush position-
aapan2.gif

But it doesn't appear after 5 minutes and a glance at the map shows it's going off-road!
aapan3.gif

so I run to the edge of town to hopefully blast it in the side but it's nowhere to be seen!
aapan4.gif

another glance at the map reveals it's bypassed me, what cheek!
aapan5.gif

I run to get LOS on its last known position but it's moved on, although I can hear its gears grinding somewhere nearby-
aapan6.gif

Aha there it is sitting on the final waypoint!
aapan7.gif

So I pump all 3 zook rockets into its rear and it's auf wiedersehen pet!
aapan8.gif

The crew bailed on the second baz hit, but it then blew up and the blast got them-
aapan12b.gif

Pak 40 casemate
aapak3.gif

You can get in the back door-
aapak2.gif

Three Shermans on the beach, I let the gun crew engage them automatically-
aapak1.gif

The new version is amazing, not without fault (these guys did an amazing job on the new sounds, but Germans still talk Russian...) but an incredible process in comparison with the earlier- non playable version.

I agrre. Those casemate Paks are pretty difficult to handle, though - anyone found the gunner's sights yet?

I think this version is a good base to work on. Not so many bugs, I was also surprised to hear Germans speaking russian...lol If they continue in the same direction, we might have something good to play coop online in some time...

Same as every other static weapon- just hit the 0/ins. key on the numpad.

That explains a lot - never used one of those. :biggrin1: But what use is a Pak when no one walks in front of it anyway?

PZFAUST v SHERMAN
Another little 'familiarisation' test I set up in the editor. We can of course create scens not just for the Omaha area, but also for any period or location on the West Front 1944-45, for example this one could be deep in Germany 1945.
I place 3 Waffen-SS men armed with Panzerfaust 60's and a Sherman at the bottom and give him a waypoint that will take him straight through the SS detachment to the farm.
aafau10.gif

You can choose to have the 30 metres or 60 metres version of the fausts, I chose 60's.

aafau3.gif

I hit 'preview' and the game begins, the Sherman is coming-

aafau1.gif

But he veers off to go through a gap in the hedge and is past my squad so fast that we don't have time to blast him and he never saw us-

aafau2.gif

I tell my squad "I'll show you how to win the Iron Cross" and move to the gap to deal with the tank myself which has stopped smack on the waypoint in the farmyard-
aafau4.gif

But am wondering which range slot to use-
aafau5.gif

I'll try the middle slot-
aafau6.gif

Whoosh, did it hit him or the henhouse? is he dead?-
aafau7.gif

As the smoke drifts away, I see the turret menacingly swinging my way, and as the faust is only a one-shot weapon I'm definitely getting a bad feeling about this-
aafau8.gif

A burst of MG fire comes from the tank...Obviously I need to do some faust range slot tests..
aafau9.gif

EDIT- Later tests revealed that I should have laid the bottom range slot over the tank

And of course you can use the mod with any maps. I may do a little scenario over the next few days like my Afghanistan ones if anyone is interested?

Yes mate put it up for download and i'll have a crack at it..:)

PZFAUST 30 MAX DISTANCE TEST

Out of curiosity I wanted to find out just how far the rocket will go if we want to use it in a mortar role against infantry/guns/trucks etc-
I placed a tank at 100m just as a distance reference point and elevate the faust to about 45 degrees and let fly-
aapfa.gif

aapfb.gif

And it makes a crater about 20m short of the tank.
The Pf 30's max range for using like a mortar is therefore around 80 metres

Back