Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Iron-Front - Liberation 1944

I am enjoying Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead.

Iron Front Liberation 1944 ("ILF44") is effectivly a mod of Arma 2.

If IFL44 includes the Arma 2 editor then I will be one of the first to get it!

Without an editor I have no interest.

The Joe98 you will be the first to get the game. The game comes with an editor.

First reviews suggest it isn't really good, but since it's based on ArmA I'd expect to see a lot of ArmA's features in this one... Reviewers have mainly been complaining about the UI, the almost non-existent AI, enemy soldiers hitting you with headshots from miles away and other stuff we're more or less used to.

It is develped by Deep Silver.

Does the game have its own forum? I can't seem to se one on the Deep Silver site.

First reviews suggest it isn't really good, but since it's based on ArmA I'd expect to see a lot of ArmA's features in this one... Reviewers have mainly been complaining about the UI, the almost non-existent AI, enemy soldiers hitting you with headshots from miles away and other stuff we're more or less used to.

Also looks like there are only 3 single player missions? I believe there is a campaign in addition to these but I am not sure how many missions that contains. One positive I seen is that the dev's opened up about modding the game which sounds promising. Eventually some talented people will wander in and add some extra content.

I can't buy via download as the internet is not fast enough here.

So, I need to order the hard copy. Note that DVDs are restricted by region. I am in Australia.

For example I cannot play a DVD meant for Europe or the US.

The web site is silent on the matter.

Oh dear....

3a732d8e.jpg

I installed it.. ran both patches and still suffer from crashes to desktop every 5 minutes.

The time I have spent on it is interesting.

However Im gonna have to wait to pass proper judgement until I get to actually play the game for any length of time.

If anyone knows an answer to stop the ctd let me know.

If you use the editor and create a small scenario:

1. - does it CTD whilst in the editor?

2. - when you play that small scenario does it CTD?

I fiddled with the graphic settings and it seems to have made it slightly more stable. Still have random CTD's but Im hoping the developers get it sorted.

IMO its probably not worth buying. If you want some WW2 tomfoolery just download a WW2 mod for ARMAII.

Here are some screenshots.

17ce8e22.jpg

Back