Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Ithikial's Long List of Scenario Design Projects

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
Staff member
Reaction score
Parly because I don't know when I'm going to get the times to complete all these and would be interested if someone wanted to take one on themselves, partly because this list maybe the kick up the pants I need to spend more time on them. Here is the list of scenarios and ideas that I am involved with/working/worked on at present (Nov 2018). Some of which I haven't posted anything about before.

Released
Three Patrol Action (CMBN) - Historical scenario of the chaotic action at the hamlet of Hameau Fournel on D-Day between the 101st Airborne and the 91st Luftlande Division. (Company (-), Allies vs AI or H2H).
JOE's Bridge (CMBN - MG) - Semi-historical scenario of the capture and holding action of the Irish Guards of a bridge over the Bocholt-Herentals Canal in Belgium, which would be the launch point for XXX Corps in Operation Market Garden. (Company (+), Allies vs AI or H2H)
Lions of Carpiquet - (CMBN - CW - MG - VP) - Campaign that recreates Operation Windsor, the Canadian 3rd Infantry Division's attempt to capture Carpiquet and it's airfield to the west of Caen on the 4th of July 1944. (Multiple battles Battallion (+), Allies vs AI)

Completed But Never Released
Proving Grounds (CMBS) - Recreated the small ARMA2 map "Proving Grounds" inside CMBS. Heavily mod dependent and couldn't come up with a a viable scenario idea.

Active
Le Carrilion Strong Point (CMBN - MG) - Semi-historical recreation of the 35th US Infantry Divisions attempt to crach the German line north of St Lo in heavy boccage country. Attempting to design a CM1 era like 'Operation' in the CM2 campaign system.
- CMBN map complete.
- Unit design complete.
- Working on AI plans.

Un-named CMRT Scenario (CMRT) - Fictional action of a Soviet Cavalary Company assaulting a dug in German Light Flak Battery as aircraft fly overhead. (Company (-), Soviets vs AI only).
- CMRT map complete.
- Unit design complete.
- Working on AI plans.

Dormant
Arracourt Campaign (CMBN - MG)
- Part of an inactive community project to recreate a series of battles of CCA/4th Armored Division, around Arracourt in September 1944.
- A number of maps completed. One large map (and the main one) to go.
- Unit rosters for US and German forces completed.
- Incomplete AI plans for some scenarios.

Moro River Campaign (CMFI - GL) - Part of an inactive community project to recreate a series of engagements around Orsagna, Italy in December 1943.
- Mapping materials, CMFI files and research available.
- CMFI - R2V may open up more opportunities with this project, ie Indian Division formations.

Chernarus Mapping Project (CMBS) - Part of an inactive community project to recreate the ARMA2 map of Chernarus within CMBS.
- Varied map sizes, some of the easier rural ones were completed.
- Mapping materials on file.

Ideas
Coastal Town Assualt (CMSF2)
- A US Marine Taskforce breaks off from the main invaision force to flush out Syrian forces holed up on a seaside town during the opening days of the Syrian campaign. (Company (+), likely NATO vs AI and H2H)
- Modelled on the fictional town of Kavala, on the Altis map from ARMA 3.
Sangin (CMSF2) - A multinational taskforce moves across farmlands in south western Syria to clear out dug in fanatic dences as the campaign draws to a close.
- Modelled on the community ARMA3 map of Sangin (Afghanistan).
- Would employ same 'Operation' ideas from the Le Carrilion Strong Point if it works in the CM2 engine.

The Battle of Puffendorf (CMFB) - Recreate the tank battle that the <paraphrased> "US Army forgot because they got their arses kicked." (Not my quote). CCB, 2nd Armored Division goes head to head with the 9th Panzer Division with supporting King Tigers, in November 1944. (Battalion (+), Allies vs AI, German vs AI, H2H)
- Researched.
- Mapping materials collected.
- Though historically it was a German attach, will likely treat as a meeting engagement given US was setting up for their own advance as the Germans attacked.

Note to self: stop thinking about scenario ideas on the train to and from work.

Are these all scenarios to play vs the AI?
I do construct AI plans but nothing stopping people playing them H2H. The Blitz's review of Joe's Bridge:
http://www.theblitz.org/scenarios/c...oe-s-bridge/b-15.htm?action=scenario&id=11882

When Bootie used to have a counter of most dloads over at the scenario depot, the ones on the list were the ones with AI plans so it's a no brainer if you want more people to actually download your work. Steve on the BF forums has said a number of times that most players are SP gamers.

Hly, molly, what a glorious list. @Ithikial

Crap I want them all
RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Just ignore any finacial constraints, the prospect of having a life and get right on there finishing ALL of them, NOW!!!! GawdDammit.

(Errrr I'll just take him away, calm him down/tranquilize him then maybe let him loose, sorry)

<snipped>
Here is the list of scenarios and ideas that I am involved with/working/worked on at present (Nov 2018). Some of which I haven't posted anything about before.
<snipped>
Dormant
Arracourt Campaign (CMBN - MG)
- Part of an inactive community project to recreate a series of battles of CCA/4th Armored Division, around Arracourt in September 1944.
- A number of maps completed. One large map (and the main one) to go.
- Unit rosters for US and German forces completed.
- Incomplete AI plans for some scenarios
<snipped>

Winter is coming, Jon Snow. We should connect and get me back to making maps again.

49-2d629.jpg

Winter is coming, Jon Snow. We should connect and get me back to making maps again.
As you know I'm travelling around Europe during the northern hemisphere winter. Holiday involving snow covered mountains and alcohol. :) Nothing stopping anyone from jumping on board one of these community projects in my absence.

Back