JACK FROST TOURNAMENT 2016

D

DraconianPL

Files 1 and 6 are general overview of the battlefields. Where I played Canadians (1) we finished earlier. On "6" you can see landscape full of smouldering wrecks, while on “5” there is view of most deadly place on map, i.e. German left flank. “4” is most interesting place. German Panther destroyed two of my Wolverines with one shot. One exploded, second was abandoned by the crew…

Sempai

FGM Major
Sounds as You had a nice battling there! What I miss a bit is where all the infantry is. And how fought them? Thank You for the pictures! Files I have to check the next days.

Greetings :)

D

DraconianPL

Sounds as You had a nice battling there! What I miss a bit is where all the infantry is. And how fought them? Thank You for the pictures! Files I have to check the next days.

Infantry you say. That’s my favourite subject, so…

Playing Canadians I pushed company of infantry forward, leaving second company in reserve. First platoon of forward company manned Sanatorium building. Second, on my left wing, clashed with German platoon and suffered heavy losses. I was convinced that Germans have 1000 points stronger forces (which later proved to be mistake, as in both games forces were equal), so I stopped there, taking defensive positions and waiting for German actions. On my right platoon very soon had to face more than platoon of tanks with about two platoons of infantry support. As both sides sustained heavy losses in tanks, enemy infantry did not pushed forward as I expected, for which was also responsible my mortar barrage. Only towards end of the game Germans advanced, but did not go far, despite support of single tank. To be sure nothing will surprise me, one platoon from reserve I placed in buildings to the right of Sanatorium, while second platoon manned building between Theater and Pfarnhoff. Unfortunately it proved to be too far from the flag. And with such deployment of infantry I ended game playing Canadians.

Playing Germans, apart from default two companies of Fusiliers I took one veteran company of rifles. The latter was in reserve, which soon I deployed. One platoon was mounted on halftracks, one advanced to the left to take Sanatrium from going through park, and one to the right, to support main assoult. Of fusilier companies: one in column formation advanced on the right to take Pfarrhof or maybe even Rathaus. One platoon of second took Anwesen, from where it fired on enemy infantry in woods. Second platoon, sent as support, suffered heavy losses, of which quite a lot was due to jeep with MG. Third, with two MMGs, two mortars and forward observer took positions in Schloss ant kept an eye on park. As on my left tanks engaged in bitter battle of attrition, and finally only two left: one immobilized, and second with gun damaged, infantry also stuck facing, as it later proved, enemy of the same or even larger strength. Charge of my panzergrenadiers totally failed. This coincided with reaching buildings near Stadtwache by my infantry on right wing, so I pushed forward my panzer reserves (platoon of PzIV, two Panthers and 3 Lynxs). In battle that occurred mostly on open field on the right it destroyed many tanks (4 or 5 I guess), not losing even single AFV, and finally supported 4 platoons of infantry that pushed towards three flags on the right side of the map. Infantry lost many men, but finally combined forces break through destroying further three enemy AFV, mainly using Panzerfausts and Panzershrecks. Men were tired, many of them scared after taking part in close tank combat, but they at least were able to secure buildings so that tanks could relatively safely go to final goal – Rathaus. In the meantime three platoons (one from right wing company, one from reserve and one from Schloss) took Sanatorium. Taking Rathaus was done mostly by tanks, because, as I said, infantry was extremely tired (some even exhausted) and most teams numbered less than half of original strength.

What can be interesting PIATs did not, at least I can’t remember, destroyed even one vehicle, while German AT infantry weapons either directly destroyed few AFV or contributed to its destruction.

Sempai

FGM Major
Very nice summery! Thank You for that! Concerning PIAT at CMx1: There are two advantages to it - a) very cheap in respect of PzSchreck and b) almost not to discover if used right. The disadvantages are a) often inaccurate and b) long reloading time in the worst situations. Solution so far: Always keep 2 or 3 of them together attack! So inaccuracy is reduced and reloading time not so important anymore since 1 or 2 of them will reload in time. Further, if one buys a higher experience level the disadvantages get a bit fewer and the advantages rise a bit. If one then adds yet a HQ with a combat bonus they become very dangerous weapons.

D

DraconianPL

Yes, I like PIATs very much for advantages you mentioned, although I usually take them as a part of platoon. I usually prefer to keep AT infantry waepons with platoon, so that oponent had to keep the distance knowing, that somewhere there can be two guys waiting :). But as I recently play Poles a lot, I'm sure I'll try your tactics at the first opportunity ;)

I

idiot94

@Sempai
Hi, Boss, my games with SEEL ended a few days ago. I was lucky enough to pull two wins (I think both were tactical victories). This time I could not save all the files, so only the final results are available.

I apologize for the delay and lousy report here. I have been unusually busy this year. My game time is reduced to minimum. This will last for a while. But I will try to get back to CM as soon as I can. Thanks.

Sempai

FGM Major
Not that bad! So far we are in no hurry anymore. Only if FFTv3 restarts we have to hold the deadlines. But I´m busy myself, and still handicapped, so I´m happy if You guys don´t be too hasty. Send the files over if You have time!I have to look

Greetings

Sempai

FGM Major
Dear Commanders,

due to some RL issues in the family I missed the deadline! It was set for 7th February. I would say we give us time until the 7th March yet. But then it has to be finished. If it it not too much asked post soem pictures or videos! Send over the files and post Your results, please!

Greetings