Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

John Tiller's Campaign Series Update

T

TGarner

Evening Gentlemen and Ladies if there are any here.
I am a newbie here but I wanted to make my first post besides my introduction halfway meaningful and it looks like the guys over at Matrix Games helped out.

They just released a big update for the Campaign Series that adds the Forgotten Battles Expansion and all kinds of cool stuff, including improved graphics for the East Front game.

Of course you all probably know about it already but I thought I would go ahead and bring it to everyone attention in case others here play that wonderful classic game.

Here is the link and info:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3679855

Forgotten Battles 2.0 continues to boldly go where no Campaign Series scenario has gone before:

The mod has its roots on East Front, where in its previous versions it added a couple of new nations such as Allied Finland, and enhancing other nations such as early war Poland units and adding Bulgarian troops and partisans. Not just about minor nations, 'What-Ifs' were supported also in a form of adding an Allied Germany, and migrating the French, UK and US OoBs from West Front to East Front.

Some of the early content from the various Forgotten Battles 1.x versions made it to MCS 2.00 UPGRADE, while other content remains proprietary to this mod, such as the medical units that are still not ready for prime time.

New East Front Game Content

Forgotten Battle 2.0 proudly presents the World Premiere of the first 2D Project results to EF. New and enhanced graphics and a thorough upgrade to their OoB is provided for:

- EF Russia
- EF Germany
- EF Italy
- EF Rumania,
- EF Hungary
- EF Finland,
- EF Slovakia, and
- EF Poland, including the addition of LWP organizations and units for a full 1939-1945 unit roster timeline.

New West Front Game Content

While 2.0 is still mostly about East Front, we are looking forward to try more new things out with West Front and Rising Sun too.

Included in the WF add-on are:

- WF Polish Army in Britain and WF Polish Army in France OoBs.

New Rising Sun Game Content

Rising Sun? Stay tuned!

Carry on :)

Hmm thats interesting. I didnt know that. I did a fresh install myself because I had all kinds of mods and other stuff installed.

Its just great they are still improving such a great old classic game.

I havent played much in a few weeks as I have kind of turned my attention to the modern theater with everything going on in Syria.
Trying to learn Command: Modern Air and Naval Ops.

Thanks for the tip T.

Installed with no issue on my game.

It did, reset some of my existing / preferred options - so a warning that you may need to "tweak" things a bit after it is applied.

So happy to see though, that this classic still getting support.

In many cases "they don't build 'em like this any more".

It also satisfies the "Winter battle" itch until CM x 2 models snow etc ......

Ya so true on the snow. We need that in CMN.

Speaking of which is that coming in CM Normandy? Or do we have to wait for Battle of the Bulge?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have
I seem to recall that if you just open your game, there will be a box to click to search for updates. I do not recall spending any extra money. I think I just DL'd the update.
I have the Original version, not Matrix version...

Back