Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Josey Wales CM Vids

@Josey Wales As far as I'm aware, this is 100% a design decision. The idea is that a retreating crew would try to disable the gun so as to deny its use to the enemy, but the thing is, especially with 4.0 this seems to happen too often and/or for illogical reasons. The action of disabling the gun is quite arbitrary. I think that letting guns be able to be crewed and de-crewed at will until enemies are within some distance would bring some nuance to the feature.

Not an AAR but a short excerpt from a battle between me and @Meat Grinder to the tune of 'Suicide is Painless' which describes my disastrous british mobile infantry attack on a well covered position. Also available at Meat Grinders House of Horrors!

Last edited:
@Josey Wales, kudos for another outstanding video. I really like the pre-battle planning formulation and explanation. The timestamped situation reports show and tell progress very nicely. I'd enjoy hearing the other side of the story from @Meat Grinder when time permits.
Question: I was surprised to see the M5 take out a MarkIV. How likely is that outcome?

@Badger73 thanks for the praise, I enjoy getting feedback on these AAR's.

In short, the M5 didn't take out the Mark IV. Meat Grinder can probably give additional detail but that MIV was pretty messed up by the time the Stuart hit it. It had already taken 3 x 75mm rounds from 2 Shermans so I imagine at the point the Stuart hit it (at very short range) it had already lost crew and morale and I think the gun was damaged. The driver must have been ok because it reversed away, it was a real thorn in my side on the right.

Part 2 of my tussle with the @Meat Grinder

Well done Jason, loved watching it. I have to say you used your AT guns very well, @Meat Grinder will certainly give kudos for that. I admire your ability to redeploy them, and have used your tactics in my games. I do learn something from each of your vids. He is a tough opponent, and I think you gave him an excellent battle.

Well done Jason, loved watching it. I have to say you used your AT guns very well, @Meat Grinder will certainly give kudos for that. I admire your ability to redeploy them, and have used your tactics in my games. I do learn something from each of your vids. He is a tough opponent, and I think you gave him an excellent battle.

Ditto everything @Buckykatt already said; excellent video, well played match, nicely analyzed, and great lessons learned.
Thanks for doing these, @Josey Wales!

Back