Latest Club News from Bootie

Bootie

FGM OWNER
ADMIN
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Looking really good. And running much smoother/loading faster. The site was very sluggish for me the past few weeks. Will improvements be made to TPG, TSD and CMMODS?
The header is nice looking but a bit big IMO.
CMMODS is GreenAsJades site and no improvements planned for TPG or TSD.

Valkatox

FGM Sergeant
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Yeah the new look is pretty neat!
Has the email icon under the avatar feature gone in this version of the forum I take it?

Bootie

FGM OWNER
ADMIN
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
I know no one really focuses on the homepage but I've updated it....

Left panel is latest tournament news... central panel is my general musings/latest posts and the right panel is the most popular posts.

Bootie

Meat Grinder

FGM Captain
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
So, the latest forum software "upgrade" brought us both the loss of the popular "shoutbox" and the loss of the perfectly functional and well regarded ribbon system. Not blaming you, Shane. Progress is progress, after all. Can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs, etc. Hopefully, in the future, we will see both former forum features in a newer, better implementation.

Hedgehog

FGM Lieutenant General
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Yes I think the shoutbox made members a little closer together.....Hi-Ho who knows thinks go round in circles some times, meaning it could come back.....as pointed out no fault with Bootie it's the system

Bootie

FGM OWNER
ADMIN
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
I know guys I know... we had to lose some stuff but to keep up to date with a supported system regarding security etc we would have to move on at some point to the new software and better to do it as early as possible or we may lose more stuff down the line. So losing functionality in some of our old modifications which will in time come back versus site security was a no brainer. The loss of the shoutbox and medals systems pains me more than you... after all I was the one that put all the hours in making it work. :)

A Canadian Cat

FGM Company Sergeant Major
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
Sigh, is there any way to have the chat area only on the forum page and not at the top of every post? Having it there makes it difficult to read the actual content of the threads because of the space it wastes and the scroll bar in side scroll bar frustrating experience that also happens (not unique to the chat box but a generic web UI issue).

Yes, I was one of the few that were secretly glad to see no chat box in the new forum :) but didn't say anything but now that it is freakin' every where I hope it can be put back in its place on the forum page. Please, please, please. :)

Bootie

FGM OWNER
ADMIN
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Do you use the default style (white one)... I can turn it off for that style as it doesnt actually go with it....?

Ive flicked it off... that ok?

Zinzan

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Cronjob's long vacation.
I fear that on his return he will leave an extensive list of the unfortunate.:2charge:
Yay, <Grabs Popcorn> bring on the cron-apocalypse :) I just Love watching Rome Burn don't you?

(Errr of course it's sad when people leave our lovely community, I do admit to looking forward to the challenging poetry involved :) )