Wellsonian

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
If you haven't already, you are free to start the competition. German players set up, and request a dropbox invite via message to me if you don't have the called out map. Good luck to all, and may the better team win! Participation Ribbons will be awarded, with the winners getting the coveted star add on insignia.

Jolly Olly

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
You know you are CM2 rusty when you preview the CMFB map and think "Oh, this is going to be lots of fun attacking across this open terrain with no cover" ... and only later realise you have the trees turned off. :ROFLMAO:
Can't say I haven't been there and done that.

Funniest similar face-palm moment I can recall was a scenario where I was attacking across pretty open terrain. Oh...trees and shrubbery we're all visible mind you. But I noticed what seemed to be light artillery landing ahead of my advance. I thought I was in serious trouble as exposed as my whole line of advance was. What was odd was that these did not appear to be very high explosive rounds so I pressed on. Took me 2-3 turns of this to realize I had "smoke" turned off. Duh! I had actually laid down a beautiful smokescreen bombardment all across my line....which also explained the strange lack of enemy fire on my units.

Never told my opponent about that...lol.

Shit like that will make you think you are going senile!

A Canadian Cat

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
ian.leslie@lesliesoftware.com

Lethal2615

FGM Lance Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
aus3620@gmail.com
It is a strange one. I have had the issue arise recently. A CMBN QB failed at password entry but a scenario game with the same player worked okay - so it just relates to QB. I have started my tourney CMBN and CMFB games okay. So it does appear to be annoyingly intermittent and dependant on individual installations. If it was an easy fix I'm sure BF would have released a hotfix.

A Canadian Cat

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
ian.leslie@lesliesoftware.com
A fix is in progress. But there is some strange stuff happening. I could not reproduce the problem in CMBN but other testers could. Similarly @Jolly Olly has it the problem in CMFB but you have not. I could not reproduce it either. Sigh.

Badger73

FGM SITE OVERSEER
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
None.
Email
mvangroll@msn.com
A fix is in progress. But there is some strange stuff happening. I could not reproduce the problem in CMBN but other testers could. Similarly @Jolly Olly has it the problem in CMFB but you have not. I could not reproduce it either. Sigh.
What Ian says. It's been reported as intermittent for CMBN, CMFI, and CMRT. BFElvis says "very soon" 19 hours ago --> Thread about confirmed patch issues