LFX - THE CMx1 SUMMER TOURNAMENT (CMBB)

Sempai

FGM Major
LFX - LIVE FIRE EXERCISES (CMBB)

So far Bootie gives us allowance I set this tournament as a regulary tourney. This time it is the mirrored battle as promised. Sadly I had wrong memories as I thought one could do that by using romanian troops and units only. Nevertheless I think I found a good solution. I searched/picked out the most similar troops and units so far. The differences are only marginal. Another setback is the problem CM can´t handle too many troops/units who aren´t in their own time frame. At least that is what I experienced by crack down after crack down of CM until I changed that.

This tournament would start on the 1st of June. The battle is 50+ turns long. Therefor You have time for 3 months to finish. Means deadline is the 31st of August. You can only play one side. So even or better because all is mirrored so far as possible there are no mirror battles.
The map is 1200m x 1200m, hilly, weather unknown, almost all kind of terrain, combined forces, infantry in battalion size with a few support units, a company (+) of tanks, very little air support. Sadly I wasn´t able to find matching off-map-arty. So only single mortars for fire support.

More info follows in short.

Greetings :)

RECRUITS LIST
- Uffz.BRAUN
- IDIOT94
- Gen.GRIEVOUS
- SPHINX
- OWL
- MR.YORMSHA
- ELSHEETAN (WeBoB)
- COWBOY123 (WeBoB)
- BEN DAYHOE
- KASHASH
-

GENERAL RULES --- GENERAL RULES --- GENERAL RULES
1.) MAP
It will be always the same map with different terrain and maybe slight changings on it. As the name of the tournament says it is a Live Fire Exercises Area. Here You will fight under the most realistic conditions the army can provide for training purposes.
For the next battles it hasn´t to be mirrored necessarily. Depends on the ideas I have.

2.) TASKS
This time there is no other task as to win. For the next battles there will be tasks to fulfil - for example do a tank rush to a specific point on the map. If all tanks reached the point/place the battle is over and You have won. Since CM can´t get stopped in such a situation both players have to send all their turns over then and I finish the battle. Or You have to do a step by step arty raid and let the infantry follow to the trenches of the opponent etc. etc. The opponent has other orders to fulfil then - fitting to Your task if possible.

3.) KIND OF BATTLING
It will be always single battles.

4.) AFTER ACTION REPORTS
Everyone of You is bound to compose an After Action Report if his battle is done. It hasn´t to be super long. But it has to show Your thoughts/ideas and how it worked and so on. As the name says these tournament is an exercise for all participants.
Not following this rule negate Your achievements - means in the worst case You lose Your rank and victory and the second best takes Your position in the ladder.

5.) "DRAW" / DECISIONMATCH
If two or more players get the same victory (only concerning the possible winner results) the players have to fight a decision match against me.

SPECIFIC RULES --- SPECIFIC RULES --- SPECIFIC RULES
1.) FLAGS
If You are able to get the both flags nearest to the setup zone of Your opponent and the four flags in the center of the map and You can hold them until the battle is over You will win by Total Victory no matter what the result table shows.

2.) AWARDS
It will give some awards. So far that are:
- Best Tank Leader (Of all players You killed the most enemy tanks with the fewest own losses - ratio)
- Best Infantry Leader (Of all players You killed the most enemy infantry with the fewest own casualties - ratio)
- Best Tactician (That the TM, what is me, decides. Maybe I post a poll then. But I tend more to a direct TM decision.)
- Rusher (You got the quickest victory)
- ???
These awards depend not on the kind of victory but Your skills of using the concerning branch of service. Maybe there will be some more. I have to think it over yet.

3.) VICTORIES
Every Victory is, independent of the shown points etc., worth the same value. That means a Total victory is a Total Victory is a Total Victory. That counts for all sorts of victories. That I´ll test with You to encourage You all to try some unconventional tactics.

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
Mail List (LFX - 2016)

BEN DAYHOE (benndayhoe at gmail dot com)
COWBOY123 (attilathe43rdhun at hotmail dot com)
ELSHEETAN (stephen dot child at ntlworld dot com)
Gen.GRIEVOUS (yvan.coel at skynet dot be)
IDIOT94 (xuebo201404 at 126 dot com) or (ivan king spv004 at gmail dot com)
KASHASH (keystone1 at gmx dot com)
OWL (bj04 at kpnmail dot nl)
MR.YORMSHA (mryormsha at gmail dot com)
SPHINX (gvietz at cableone dot ne)
Uffz.BRAUN (loganbrown1783 at gmail dot com)

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
LFX - 2017 (CMAK)

"The war in the East goes not according to plan! Hitler´s forces rush through Russia and it´s only a question of time when the Russians will capitulate. Already the Germans assemble ships and boats to cross the ocean, new embattled divisions train for a greater naval landing operation on the soil of USA and science and technology work at full speed to engineer newer and still more deadly weapons for Wehrmacht and SS." This is the ficticious situation OSS wants to get trained for. So You, Commanders, have to train for the worst case - the aftermath of a successful german landing. The Germans try a breakthrough into the Rocky Mountains whereto our leaders retreated into a secret facility. 10th Mountaineers and the National Guard were able to establish a defensive parameters a few miles before the secret facility. Germans push forward through mountains and hilly terrain to break that parameter. For that training Tigers-I will be substitutes for the probably much higher sophisticated german armour then. But it has to be taken the tanks then will be even more deadly. But for now the Tigers will do.

Opponents : Wehrmacht & Schutzstaffel vs US Army & National Guard

Conditions: changing weather and daytime

Battles: 2 - 4 (each about 30 turns)

Time of War: late 1944

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
So the recruiting can start! Everybody who wants to participate enlists here, please! You have to decide for one side - means axis (Attackers) or Allies (defenders). The whole tournament consists of at least 2 battles - probably even 4 battles - depending on how successful Your troops fight. The results of a side will get calculated together so there is no individual winner but a winner side. And don´t let You mislead by the terms "attackers" and "defenders"! That is only the strategical and the tactical situation of the first battle. Even the defenders could turn the tide if they do can stall the attack of the Germans.

Recruits List
1. BERT BLITZKRIEG
2. SPHINX
3. IDIOT94
4. OWL

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
I think we should start in the middle or at the end of December. Since it is more as one battle to play it could be we need that more time to get the battles finished in 2017. ;)

Greetings :)

P.S.: Concerning the armour: Depends on how You and Your opponent play. Some short tests, sometimes, revealed surprisingly easy breakthroughs and sometimes stonewalling was just a too weak term for the problems one had.