Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Like the ketchup, only spelled differently

H

Hinds

Hello! I am Hinds and I am new here. I hail from the most excellent state of Illinois in the United States. I'll be 25 this year and my current occupation is graduate student. I'm finishing up research for my Masters and then it's off and away to a "big boy job" as an engineer somewhere, probably. I haven't really decided what exactly I want to do with myself yet!

In a way, being stuck on campus doing research leaves me with a healthy amount of disposable time. Gaming is my #1 hobby and I have been at it for the past 20+ years. I enjoy all sorts of stuff, from management games to shooters to grand strategy to simulation. Any game that stretches my mind is of interest to me. Recently I've been making the rounds on several MMOs and playing Rising Storm 2, Vermintide 2, and a little modded Minecraft and Post Scriptum on the side. I'm also part of a European Arma community and play organized Arma 3 weekly.

Outside of games, I'm interested in history, science (not mathematics!), technology, and lots of other things. I enjoy learning in general and I like to read about various things. Most of my reading nowadays is online. However, I did recently purchase both The Bear Goes Over the Mountain and The Other Side of the Mountain. I have an interest in military tactics, operations, and strategy, as well as the organizational, logistical, and technical considerations of military activity. Combat Mission is something of a lightning rod that attracts my attention because it combines so many different things that I am interested in.

Right now I'm making the rounds of the demos since I can't decide which game to start with! Once I make up my mind and get some experience under my belt, I'd love to try out some head-to-head.

Thanks for reading! In advance, I'm pleased to meet you all!

Greetings, @Hinds! You should soon receive @Hedgehog's Welcome Wagon hand-outs! They make good reading.

Once you buy a Combat Mission game and are ready for H2H play, consider using CMHelper to manage your matches.
Then, post your first request for a match either here or at the forum for the game(s) you own.

Welcome to The Few Good Men. Good luck and good gaming! Have fun.

Big welcome to the Club @Hinds The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/ladder/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

W4sGWky.jpg

qfeXySn.jpg

nejNFmN.jpg

wrO9iRm.jpg

J4yt1bS.jpg

Fz48pBO.jpg

HdQcXe4.jpg

TM7HVmS.jpg

AwzcVPr.jpg

a0e1Ljd.jpg

Welcome to FGM.

Combat Mission should address your tactics and logistics interest.

Your operations and strategy interest is fulfilled by the campaigns that are put together by some of our talented members using Combat Missions games to resolve the campaign battles.

Hello Hinds, welcome to THE FEW GOOD MEN! :)
Good to have you with us!

CMRT (Eastern Front) is the best of all! ....beside Italy (CMFI), of course. OK, Final Blitzkrieg is very exciting too .... and not to forget Normandy and Arnheim with all the cool paratroopers, which
makes it also an absolute "must have" ... hm... difficult... Best solution? - BUY THEM ALL! ;)

Weirdly (a worryingly appropriate term in connection with Zinzan, as you'll discover :cool:) my first thought when seeing yer tag @Hinds I thought of the USSR Gunship, so your comment re: Ketchup confused me some!

Anyway welcome and enjoy this strange place you've landed in.

re: Choosing a game; they vary soooo much it depends on your cashflow versus particular interests. Rest assaured that it IS worth getting all the one's that interest you.

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

Big welcome to the Club @Hinds The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

-snip-

Thanks! CM Helper seems like a great tool.

Weirdly (a worryingly appropriate term in connection with Zinzan, as you'll discover :cool:) my first thought when seeing yer tag @Hinds I thought of the USSR Gunship, so your comment re: Ketchup confused me some!

Anyway welcome and enjoy this strange place you've landed in.

re: Choosing a game; they vary soooo much it depends on your cashflow versus particular interests. Rest assaured that it IS worth getting all the one's that interest you.

The Mi-24 often comes up in relation to me in other communities I associate with!

To be honest, Shock Force interested me the most as it had the most NATO toys for me to play with. However, CMSF is currently unavailable leading up to the CMSF2 release so I'll have to wait on that if I want it. In the meantime, I'm thinking about either Black Sea or Battle Normandy but I am torn as to whether I want to dive in to WW2 or modern conflict first. My preference has been changing by the day thus far.

Back