Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Looking for a Game or two. CMBN/FB

W

Will S

Pretty much like the title says, just looking for an opponent or two for a CMBN or CMFB QB.

Anyone interested give a shout and we can sort details, and get a game set. I've noticed the "one person makes parameters, the other chooses the side" method has gained popularity and that works for me (kind of reminds me of high school purchases). Also into mirrored games.

I prefer maps with some elbow room that leave space for maneuver and different options for each side. Only house rule I always play by is no pre-planned artillery/air from the defender, or arty/air directed into the attackers setup zone.

Im up for a new CMBN game Will. Have the full package - so whatever floats your boat (medium size ish) is good for me....

Standby Pinchy. Have a few games getting started at the moment. Already had one opponent drop out though, and haven't heard back from another in a couple of days, so there might be some free space in my schedule soon. You are next on the list. - WS

@Meat Grinder @Wellsonian Gentle! Don't scare my new opponents. They are nice people.

Plus, I lose too. Just not as much as I used to. I actually give you a lot of credit MG, you were my first two or three H2H games, so the bar was set high. I needed to learn fast and come correct just to feel like I gave you good competition. Threw out all the useless tactics fast, so thanks!

Oh crap - I will ready to get my arse handed back to me..... :s

Now here's a born diplomat.

My better self tries @Meat Grinder. Although I will admit I do not reach that standard as often as I would like.

@Wellsonian That's one sneaky spider. Love some Oregon high desert.

@Pinchy - No results are foregone. It's like riding a motorcycle....only look where you want to go. If you want to crash into the tree look at the tree, if you want to make it between the trees look at the gap.

If you have the space, I would like to play. I can propose parameters if you like.

@Nemesis I'll put you on the list behind Pinchy. Like I said, I have a good allotment of games getting started now, although not all the people who wanted to play have actually responded. Gonna give them through today and then I'll take on some new games if I don't hear from them.

Sounds good! I will be out for the week of 9/18, so we may get off to a late start in any case. After that, I return files furiously and notice that you are also in the Pacific Time Zone.

I saw the results of y'alls game MG. I do proper recon. Carpet the narrow map with trp's, buy mega arty, stripped down infantry, is an interesting tactic, and one that worked well in the situation he built for himself. (suckered you in with that -10% for the attacker eh?) Not a style of play I go for really, but sure doesn't scare me off. I'll bring my standard usual when we get around to it.

Heh, he just beat me again with overwhelming armor on an open map. Can't blame anyone but myself, since I picked the map and parameters, and didn't ask for the 33% armor rule. It was actually probably true to Soviet doctrine.

I don't have red thunder so can't comment with any authority, although looking at history you are probably right that was their doctrine or close to it. CMRT probably doesn't let you give the command to fall back and burn all crops, ground, trees, towns, poison the water, let winter come, make a stand, repeat.

The great thing about being the new guy.......no one knows all my tricks yet!

Back