Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Looking for a Game or two. CMBN/FB

I saw the results of y'alls game MG. I do proper recon. Carpet the narrow map with trp's, buy mega arty, stripped down infantry, is an interesting tactic, and one that worked well in the situation he built for himself. (suckered you in with that -10% for the attacker eh?) Not a style of play I go for really, but sure doesn't scare me off. I'll bring my standard usual when we get around to it.

My intent was not to "sucker" MG by proposing the -10% for the attacker. I just personally believe that the "standard attack point ratio" gives the attacker a bit too many points. Obviously, this is my personal belief and others may not agree (and, if so, may choose the defender). I usually (but not always) propose this when I am making an A/D game proposal.

@Meat Grinder proposed the parameters for the CMRT game we played and we played with the normal point ratio. Both MG and I felt like my attackers had a staggering numerical advantage over his defenders (probably accentuated by cheap Russian units).

I happen to agree that the standard attack ratio seems to give the attacker a bit too many points, and -10% to the attacker makes it a more balanced game. That, or just choose a Probe instead of an Attack. I'm not complaining about my losses to @Nemesis . He won fair and square both times! Both of you are very good players and I'm sure you'll have a fun match! :)

No offense meant. "Suckered" was not meant to be a slight to anyone, I know MG likes to talk some trash, so just staying in line with that. Seeing a -10% could have a mental effect though on choosing sides, so just playing off that.

I agree that attackers points can be a great (sometimes too much) advantage in QB's. Although I will also say I have won both games in mirrored matches against some very good players with standard point issues, so it's not a given game changer. I have begun to set up probes mostly for this very reason, as probes give the smallest standard purchase spread between sides. I would enjoy seeing battlefront make a way where players could just assign any number of purchase points they feel like, but that's another issue altogether.

@Nemesis I'm ready to take you on if you still want. How about a mirrored match, I'll propose the set and you can accept/reject as you see fit. Do you have Final Blitz?

I do have CMFB. I will be going away for 1 week. Are you OK waiting until I get back?

Would love to do a mirrored attack, assault, or probe on a map you have not played if you are willing. Have a couple of MEs going right now and don't particularly like them.

Nor do you know if all those tricks actually work . . . yet. ;)

True enough. I have tons of CMX1 experience and it has served me well so far. Having said that, a few things have been a big surprise in CMX2. I imagine I will see more such surprises.

@Nemesis No problem with your schedule, I'm away for a week or two from time to time also. I'll find us a good map in CMFB and send you over something.

Hi Will--I got two files from you, are there any rules or anything I should know?

If you're still looking for a game I'm up for it, CMBN (no vehicle pack) or CMFB are both good for me.

@Nemesis - If you would like a game whilst we are waiting for a whoopin' from Will - I am more than happy for more games....

haha - just noticed the ladder report with WillS at the top - 10 mins into a 70 minute game and its already game over... Note to self - check ladder before taking on challenges!

Fastest way to get better is to play strong opponents.

That is a truism.

haha - just noticed the ladder report with WillS at the top - 10 mins into a 70 minute game and its already game over... Note to self - check ladder before taking on challenges!

Some of my best learning has happened when I've had most if not all my armor/AT guns KO'd. Forced my guys to get more creative and go about things in a more thoughtful and methodical way. Fought what could have very easily been losses into draws, and even pulled out a few wins in similar situations. Even the games that ended up in defeat were valuable. Might as well go down swinging hard and maybe take some of the opposing force with me.

Back