Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Looking for CMBN opponent. Conventional rules. QB

T

TimUA

Hi, i'm looking for CMBN(v 4.0) opponent. QB. Usual rules(no prep-arty/air on attacker set up). We can play combined arms mirror game.

i agree on Luftwaffe for you. The only problem i cannot find opponents in DB(maybe cuz i have free account). Could you drop me a request there pls?

my dropbox account: Timur Artemyev

I put screenshots of the map in the dropbox folder TIM vs TIN. What do you think of that map?

This is "Attack Large Town (bocage-water) QB-248.btt"

Ok, my opponent dissapeared since tuesday without any info. I guess our game is cancelled.

So looking for opponent.

Ok, my opponent disappeared since tuesday without any info. I guess our game is cancelled.
<snipped>

@TimUA - please know that FGM follows the same conventions as "The Blitz" (http://www.theblitz.org/) for discontinuing a game and missing opponents (http://www.theblitz.org/rules-of-en...tinuing-a-game-and-missing-opponents/p-25.htm). Some FGM members only visit this site once per week and can only exchange one (1) PBEM turn per week. The best thing is to do is to ask your opponent his turn rate before the match begins. Another thing we try to respect is the unanticipated and unexpected events in our members real lives. Such things as family illnesses and deaths, job changes, job losses, job travel, and other personal challenges always take precedence over our game hobby. When you don't hear from your opponent for a few days, please reach out to them at least once per week until everything is back on track. After waiting three (3) weeks (21 days) for an unexchanged turn, you are free to declare yourself the winner for Ladder Match purposes and terminate that game for good cause. Don't hesitate to check with me or the other staff members when you have questions or concerns. Good luck and good gaming!

Last edited:
Own CMBN all modules and add ons (except mission pack), CMFB, CMRT anyone up for a QB msg me.

Ok, my opponent dissapeared since tuesday without any info. I guess our game is cancelled.

So looking for opponent.
if still in the market for oppo, i can do Axis ... let me know. drop email with DB link at gfdne1997@yahoo dot com

if still in the market for oppo, i can do Axis ... let me know. drop email with DB link at gfdne1997@yahoo dot com

Ok, let me find you there.

I created the folder in DB 'Tim vs Dmitrescu' do you see it?

I prefer QB, cuz in scenario the number of troops is already known. And this devaluates the recon phase. Under usual rules i mean no prep-arty/air on the attackers set up first 5 minutes(as in the real life we'd unlikely know where exactly the opponent will appear). Or no prep-artillery/air on both set ups in the case of meeting engagement.

We may play so called 'mirror game' where we play on the same map but switching the sides in the 2nd game. This approach is good for further analyse.
And report the result to the forum's ladder.

We also may take another restrictions, such as:
-no tanks(or restrict its % on the battlefield), cuz tanks dominate on the battlefield and all battle focuses on tank duels only, devaluating other troops and its maneuvres;
-We may restrict veterancy up to 1/3 of all troops, as it was usual for any batalion.
although these options are debatable.

I prefer big maps(middle or large) with tiny battle size. It allows better controle on each unit and gives a space for maneuvres

Last edited by a moderator:

I see your turn in the 'Tim vs Dmitrescu' folder. But would you be so kind either confirm the rules i described above or discuss it pls?
Is the file, that you sent a scenario game?

Once we clarify these several questions i hit reply button.
Do u use CM Helper for chat?

Back