Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Looking for CMFB game

JTimo

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Finally broke down and bought CMFB, so I'm looking for someone to wash my face in the snow in a PBEM game. Usually good for 5 turns per week. Would prefer early Bulge attack scenario, I'll play U.S. as defender. First opponent with a suggested scenario.

Finally broke down and bought CMFB, so I'm looking for someone to wash my face in the snow in a PBEM game. Usually good for 5 turns per week. Would prefer early Bulge attack scenario, I'll play U.S. as defender. First opponent with a suggested scenario.

How about "Day of Attrition" (The 753rd Regiment of the 326th Volks Grenadiers launches an all out infantry attack towards Hofen and Monschau on the opening day of the Bulge. Best played as Axis.)? Just to warn you though, this would be a huge scenario lasting 3 hours.

Or alternativley, "River of Blood", which is a smaller affair. But it does not have snow and is not a Bulge battle.

Or we could play a QB?

Ok Mike, your on. I’ll take a look at your suggestions, and get back to you with my thoughts. Don’t mind a long scenario if you are up for a game that will probably last 9 months @ 5 turns per week?

Don’t mind a long scenario if you are up for a game that will probably last 9 months @ 5 turns per week?

Fine for me, I don't mind long games at all. And 9 months wouldn't be a record for the longest PBEM I ever played - that was actually 2 years. Crazy, I know.. :shocknaz:

Edit: Forgot to mention it earlier, but I haven't played either of my two suggested scenarios, so would be a first for me for both of them.

So @Mad Mike , I checked out both scenarios, Day of Attrition looks much closer to what I was thinking, and it works fairly good on my iMac. River of blood looks like a straight up "setup your defense, and wait for the other guy to attack" type scenario. So the Bulge scenario is certainly closer to what I was looking for although a bit longer than I hoped. Just to be clear, I spend my weekends during the warmer months (May thru Sep) at the Jersey shore. I have an old laptop which I take with me, but it may not handle Day of Attrition. This may slow things down a bit during that period (i.e 4 turns per week). I am planning to upgrade when the next MacBook comes out (expecting that to be sometime in June). If your good with this, then go ahead, and start the game. Otherwise we'll go with River of Blood.

Timo, I just got CMFB as well so like yourself un familar with it...im up for a mirrored ladder game you choose

Sorry @Titan. Was just looking for the one game. Mike and I picked a big one, so my game time is full.

Looking for someone to try the Rittersprung scenario. If you have computer that can handle it would like to play.

This epic scenario has finished last weekend, appropriately, with a DRAW.

I managed to capture the village of Höfen and inflicted 400 casualties on the defending Americans, but failed to make in progress in Monschau or at the bridges across the Rur river. I also lost 370 Volksgrenadiers, so quite a bloodletting on both sides.

Thanks again for the great game @JTimo :D

I left a big response in our conversation thread. Check it out.

I see you have some offers from other club members. I'd be happy to play another game if you still want to. What games do you have? I have had the urge to play a modern game, CMBS, or CMSF2 demo, and/or a night-time game. Something different. CMFB would be fine too. Something small though, as I have other things (X-Box, and other computer games) I am trying to find time for.

This epic scenario has finished last weekend, appropriately, with a DRAW.

I managed to capture the village of Höfen and inflicted 400 casualties on the defending Americans, but failed to make in progress in Monschau or at the bridges across the Rur river. I also lost 370 Volksgrenadiers, so quite a bloodletting on both sides.

Thanks again for the great game @JTimo :D

If you are into playing big scenarios, this one is a definite candidate. It offers a fair amount of options for each player. I played the U.S. so I had the choice of sitting back and defending, or stepping out to play some defense and/or delaying tactics in the woods, or do something in-between, which is what I did. With the massive map, you can even try to hide some forces for surprise maneuvers. It did take a long time to play the 3 hour scenario (10 months), but part of that was slow play/return rate on my part. Mike is a patient guy. Great game Mike.

As an update to my comments on playing big scenarios, I looked at the Rittersprung scenario map, It may be the most interesting map I've ever seen, with big, mist shrouded hills, and a river down in a valley. Must have taken the map designer hours to construct. And, the scenario is only 1hr 50mins long. Even I could probably finish in 6 mos. If you've got the cpu horsepower give it a try.

Last edited:
I am looking for a PBEM opponent for Combat Mission BN/CF/MG. Smallish battle. I have up to version 3 currently.
Any takers?

Back