Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Looking for Huge game CMFB

W

Will S

Got a new machine and now I can venture into the realm of very large and huge games. :)

Would like to play a huge purchase mirror QB probe on a 3300m x 2900m section taken from the Noville Master map. Americans attack, Germans Defend. Max time, pretty sure that's two hours in a QB. Iron setting. Ladder games.

I enjoy tactical and strategic fights focusing on full control of the objectives and terrain more than bum rushes and sneaking/hiding small units in the corners of objectives. I would appreciate an opponent who has the same approach. I'm in GMT -8.

Standard rules: Defender will not pre-plan any arty/air missions and will not purposefully target attackers setup zone. Units will leave attackers setup zone before engaging.

Let me know if that interests you.

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 3.28.10 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 3.28.28 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 3.28.51 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 3.29.18 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the actual map available somewhere? I'd like to confirm the ability of my own hardware before committing to anything.

@Rujasu Message me your dropbox email and I'll put the map file in there so you can give it a look over.

I got a game. Gazmaps and I are going to go at it. We decided to not do a mirror though, it just seemed like too much for us both at the moment.

It is quite a large map, I can't fault anyone for taking a look at it and then deciding it was too much.

Yeppers.

Pretty much all I play are probes, preferably mirror. Many times I play them with the attacker -10% because the attacker still gets such a large point advantage. I also enjoy that casualty count scores higher in a probe (maybe 50/50 with objectives but I'm not fully certain of that). Probe scoring definitely penalizes commanders who don't care for their troops more than attack and assault quick battles do.

Never felt like I've had a problem with not having enough forces on the offensive, had losses and close calls more often on defense. But I also play with long time limits which allows for more strategic and tactical play, thorough recon, and on maps that are roomey for whatever size purchase it is. It's often not a good setup for bum rush attacks, although they have worked against me on a couple of occasions. If games were played in a short time frame with the goal of just sliding a unit into each objective, then I would agree a probe could favor the defender more.

Back