Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

LOS

Panzer_Freak

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I now have a feeling that LOS and the LOS-tool is totally of from each other. My feeling is if you go down to ground level and have real LOS, then there is LOS - then only thing limited is that I can not use Target or Target Briefly. Am I wrong or right?

AFAIK for target and target briefly you need to be able to draw line of sight to the center of the target square. Same thing applies for general spotting. However once a unit knows another to be in a certain place, via command net or hearing it, spotting for that target is calculated with actual line of sight.

AFAIK for target and target briefly you need to be able to draw line of sight to the center of the target square. Same thing applies for general spotting. However once a unit knows another to be in a certain place, via command net or hearing it, spotting for that target is calculated with actual line of sight.
Ok...sounds un-necessary complicated but good to know. So, place a command unit with radio close to important support weapons.

Yea, the whole LOS thing is just beyond the ability of the CM2 engine to handle in a manner that produces consistently satisfactory results for most players. I've played a few CM2 games, and had some success in learning to manipulate the engine to my advantage, but overall, I would definitely pay to have something better.

Yea, the whole LOS thing is just beyond the ability of the CM2 engine to handle in a manner that produces consistently satisfactory results for most players. I've played a few CM2 games, and had some success in learning to manipulate the engine to my advantage, but overall, I would definitely pay to have something better.

Yeah, those technical details are way beyond my knowledge. As long as everybody knows how it works and the work arounds, then it is no problem. That is why fourms like this are gold mines, as a new player u learn fast if u ask the right questions. Hope they find a CM3 engine in the future who can handle LOS even more realistic. Either way, this game still are beyond all others in all other aspects and I suspect that they are working to improve LOS/spotting even further. LOS and spotting are not optimal in any other game known to me any way, so this game still is better in that perspective to. But of course, this LOS-buissnes is one of few things that are a bit annoying some times. And like us say, if their is a economic issue I gladly would by games that optimized this things.

We hope that the technical advances will solve this thing in the future!

One more question on the topic, if I have a scout near by a tank - the scout spots a enemy tank/ATG, will the scout "communicate" with the tank direct or has the scout be in the same platoon to directly communicate or must the information flow thrue the C2 chain? My feeling now is that with in the same platoon the information is chared insantly (if every one is in C2 that is), while other information has to flow thrue the C2 chain even if two units are nearby each other. That is how I understand it when I read the manual to, but as english is not my mother language maybe I have misunderstood something.

One more question on the topic, if I have a scout near by a tank - the scout spots a enemy tank/ATG, will the scout "communicate" with the tank direct or has the scout be in the same platoon to directly communicate or must the information flow thrue the C2 chain? My feeling now is that with in the same platoon the information is chared insantly (if every one is in C2 that is), while other information has to flow thrue the C2 chain even if two units are nearby each other.

The scout car will communicate directly with the tank, if they are very close (around 30m I think).

It won't happen instantaneously, but quite fast (10 seconds or so)

Back