Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Lost Commando Raid documentary

Hmmmm, interesting - not much new, but definitely interesting. Nice find @steve

(the one raid was only thing new thing to me, but rest was not - good intro for persons unaware of start of Commando ops against occupied Europe in WW2)

@HOA_KSOP and interested others....

Screw digital rights restrictions!! I SAY (errrrr, some caveats below).

Whilst I disapprove of digital piracy where it is done primarily for profit, there is a HUMUNGOUS grey area under personal usage - (I truly believe it is better for someone to download a book and read it rather than not read it due to an inability to pay or access the book due to other rules - same applies for viewing art, listening to music etc. )

I speak as someone who has lived in several places where social and legal norms were restrictive and I chose to break some/many and have the physical/mental scars + T-shirts to prove it :cool: . (With only a few regrets - :cheerso: absent friends :cheerso: )

(Without getting party political) "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" also includes several corollaries (woo big words, we got the meds rightish today ;) )

such as:
i) I also will defend to the death the rights of others to disagree with your views.
ii) Imposing your ideas/ideals on unwilling others is wrong, persuading them is good.
iii) If you can't read/watch widely you have no way of reasoning a way to a your OWN ideas/ideals. (However wrong they are.)
iv) If you follow all of the above you will know the costs of acting against their ideas and the possible consequences, you THEN have the right to breach the rules (Whilst being "happy" to pay the price of being caught so-doing :cool:)

Anyways - rant mode off

You could try either of the following links to watch BBC iPlayer abroad - so you should be able to find it with some minor effort.

Linky 1 or Linky 2

(whilst "strictly speaking" the BBC disapproves of persons watching BBC TV if resident abroad it has on occasion provided detailed ways for persons to watch their TV from countries that don't approve of the BBC as part of it's drive to get BBC News/Current affairs and education to everyone worldwide.)

Back