Wellsonian

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
This thread is where I will release the game setups. I am aiming for late tonight (West Coast, USA). The difficulty is finding fun stock maps that everyone has installed, and last year there were a few I was not happy with at all. @Will S has donated two maps that will be great...…...by mutual agreement he will not play on those maps, although in reality there is probably no advantage.

The general rules are:
No pre-planned artillery by the defender or by anyone in a Meeting Engagement.
No intentional firing into the attacker's setup zone (since these are small maps, there may be rare instances where both sides agree this isn't viable).
There are no restrictions on force purchase, but as I stated last year, an all armor force will piss me off (and probably result in your loss anyway). Combined arms are where it is at friends.
Air power is allowed, but in a small QB, are they worth the points? Your call.
Each round will consist of 2 x Meeting Engagements, 2 x Probes, and 1 x Attack.
Every player must be used once per round.
Both rounds will be played simultaneously (so two games per player total).
Match setup instructions will include time period and weather.
The German player will set up the game.
Round 1 will be CMBN, Round 2 will be CMFB.
Ryder cup scoring.....1 per win, 1/2 per tie, 0 for loss. First team to 10 1/2 points wins. This scoring encourages team effort to win, since the most any single player can win is 2 points. A tie will result in a tiny 30 min battle between Captains.
Once the matches are released, Team USA (the champions) will assign players. Then, when Team World (the challengers) has a chance to review, they will assign the final matchup. Some interesting options there.
Trash talking is encouraged. We are all grown ups here. However, any specific policy and or political leader talk is discouraged. Stick to stereotypes and you will be fine :p
Both players must agree before the first turn if this is a Ladder match or not.
Standard rarity is in effect.

Finally, lets have fun. I want to thank every one of you for participating!

Let's have fun with this!

Last edited:

Will S

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
wcself@yahoo.com
The difficulty is finding fun stock maps that everyone has installed
Others might know this already, but it's a recent discovery by me. Only the player setting up the game needs to have the map file. It will automatically go along with the turn to player 2. Makes sense, but for a long time I thought each player needed to have a copy of the map pre-installed before gameplay could begin.

Wellsonian

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Others might know this already, but it's a recent discovery by me. Only the player setting up the game needs to have the map file. It will automatically go along with the turn to player 2. Makes sense, but for a long time I thought each player needed to have a copy of the map pre-installed before gameplay could begin.

I will try and pick maps that most players have, however I've downloaded a lot of the suckers off of the scenario depot. If you are the German player and are setting up, but don't have the called out map, first check with your opponent and he can set up if he has it. Otherwise, contact me. I will have all the required maps in a dropbox that I will invite you to if needed.

Badger73

FGM SITE OVERSEER
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
None.
Email
mvangroll@msn.com
<snipped>
I will have all the required maps in a dropbox that I will invite you to if needed.
Let's just do it that way. For each match assigned, the German player will download your map and use it for QB set up.
That way you can re-label each map for it's appropriate match and upload them already designated.

Wellsonian

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Let's just do it that way. For each match assigned, the German player will download your map and use it for QB set up.
That way you can re-label each map for it's appropriate match and upload them already designated.
I will put each map in the dropbox. However, I'm not going to fiddle with the names......I have screwed that up before, re-designating a map to the wrong mission type. I will clearly state the title of the map per match. For the CMFB map, they should all be stock. For CMBN, none of them are.

Wellsonian

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
In choosing the maps, I reviewed feedback from last year. The maps are generally smaller than last year, so be ready at the start. Additionally, most if not all the maps have multiple objectives. Last year some of the maps had only one, which limited the player’s tactical options. There are only a couple maps that will test the 45 minute time limit. Also, always be prepared for extra time.

Lethal2615

FGM Lance Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
aus3620@gmail.com
A goof on my part maybe a blessing for one lucky tournament player!
I was not sure if I had the CMBN Vehicle Pack or Battlepack 1, so I bought them only to discover that I already had them! doh!

First question; do all Gary Owen tournament members have these two CMBN modules?

If not, I will offer the Activation Codes for the modules mentioned to Wellsonian to present to one of the tournament participants - winningest, losingest, most enthusiastic, most points?
(I presume Battlefront will be okay with this - I have the downloaded files for these codes).

Badger73

FGM SITE OVERSEER
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
None.
Email
mvangroll@msn.com
I was not sure if I had the CMBN Vehicle Pack or Battlepack 1, so I bought them only to discover that I already had them! doh!

First question; do all Gary Owen tournament members have these two CMBN modules?

If not, I will offer the Activation Codes for the modules mentioned to Wellsonian to present to one of the tournament participants - winningest, losingest, most enthusiastic, most points?
(I presume Battlefront will be okay with this - I have the downloaded files for these codes).

Ouch! I already have both those two modules. Thanks for asking.
Your offer of them as a prize is very generous and a great idea. (y)
I'll give TeamWorld the current lead in sportsmanship! :cheerso:

Wellsonian

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.

That is generous......I'll work on a category. Maybe most unlucky event in a game, or something like that.

WinOrLose

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
georgeandsi@live.com
So just to confirm - I don't need to do anything until my captain has assigned me to a battle?