Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Matrix Games "Armored Brigade"

enigma6584

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Has anyone been watching this wargame? I was looking at it last night and I've got to say, I'm interested.

Been watching a few videos of this as they are being uploaded. It does indeed look pretty deep.

Matrix Games releases Armored Brigade later this week on 15-Nov-2018. It appears to be a game for serious modern military historical gamers. I've been watching this for a while and am convinced it will turn out to be a very good computer war-game. Here are some introductory videos for those who might be interested in checking it out as well. I hope FGM finds these helpful.

Matrix Games own Twitch channel videos. These are played and narrated by XTRG They run 1.5-2.5 hours each and show a lot of activity and action. I found them a bit intimidating and wondered how hard it will really be to learn this game.
Dad's Gaming Addiction. DGA just jumps in and plays. His attitude seems to be "What I don't know won't hurt me so let's see what happens". It's actually a good way to see how easy it is to get started even when you don't really know what you're doing. His lack of tactical savvy is obvious but his ability to quickly begin play is reassuring to a newbie.
Commissar_Roach. This is a set of five vignettes showing a game campaign develop. Each video runs 35-45 minutes. They show a very thoughtful approach and how to plan and develop the battle. These are my favorite introductory video's so far.
Armored Brigade is a tactical Real Time Strategy game which does not support H2H / PBEM nor does it allow for WEGO play. However, the AI appears to be intelligent enough to provide for challenging gameplay and it quickly punishes poor tactics and planning. Given that Battlefront is unlikely to ever produce a Fulda Gap game, this is probably the best alternative around. I hope it does well for itself. Time will tell.

Haven't paid much attention to this myself, haven't gotten it. Was just curious. I don't see much posted about this game. Got an email from Matrix today saying a new DLC is available for the game thus why I asked here if anyone actually plays it.

I didn't know there was new DLC. I'll have to take look at it.
For what it's worth, Armored Brigade only offers a top-down look at the battlefield and you can't rewind to see what just happened. I was very intrigued by it's intent but feel it's just underdeveloped.

Yeah, it looked to me like it has potential but I was myself really put off by the top-down format and extremely basic graphics. With what we have today in terms of amazing graphics and such I just don't see this game moving my interest into buying it.

New DLC linked below.

Armored Brigade Nation Pack

Back