MBC - ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sempai

FGM Major
General Input for MBC Commanders of both Sides

for OP1B4

- Axis has about 15 tanks captured (all kind of stuff - from light tank to SPG)
- Allies have about 15 tanks (including the 2 Tigers)
- Axis captured a few vehicles
- Allies captured a heavy mortar
- both sides captured hundreds of men of rank and file - interrogations are in progress - intel is coming soon

Commander Idiot94 of the allied side was promoted to Colonel. Commander Numberz of the axis side was promoted to Major. They are the both highest ranking officers in MBC by now. Both of them secured their own sector and captured the enemy officer in charge.

Allied Commander Wally and Axis Commander Rommel were both captured. There troops and units are completely lost for both of them. They will start into the next battle with a fresh and green main force each.

Axis Commander Grievious was KIA. He, too, starts with a complete new and green force.

So the Allies currently have a slight advantage for the Axis. Both sides should think over how they could help their beaten comrades for the next battle!

For Battle 4 of OP1 Grievious will fight against Wally. That´s a TM decision and not randomly set. They will do the special mission map.
Rommel will fight Idiot again but, too, on the special mission map.

The remaining officers will continue fighting on the Africa map.

...more info follows

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
For the coming HUSKY map/OP it will there will be some things to observe. The map is very tricky. If You have too many or too few troops You will suffer a great part, I think. So it will work as follows:

- every commander can decide if he want to place all (with excaptions) or only a part of his troops for every battle.
- axis commanders can´t use more as two Tigers to the same time/in one battle
- all in all axis side may not have more as two Inf companies on he map (means if there is already a italian company You can only use one of Your own yet - counts for cmdrs. who have already full Inf slots)
- spare italian companies (if You chose to set rather two of Your own companies) will not be lost - they wait in a pool for further use
- every used italian company, no matter if they suffered or not, vanishs after the battle is over
- for the first two battles allied commanders will have a little arty support (set by CM/TM)

Maybe that will change a bit yet. Have still to test that a bit.

Greetings :)

Sempai

FGM Major
Colonel IDIOT attached to th 7th Armoured Division (Desert Rats). Major STOFFEL attached to the 5th Infantry Division (Globe Trotters). Both formations are elite divisions. That means they will handled preferred what replacements of casualties concerns. So always if a new OP starts they get regular replacements instead of green ones. Of course it can be there are greens within the replacements but not many. Further elite divisions may have an extra regular tank slot. Means You can have 5 tanks for Your core forces.

Sempai

FGM Major
Major NUMBERZ and Captain SPHINX attached to Pz-Div. Hermann Göring. This formation is an elite division. That means they will handled preferred what replacements of casualties concerns. So always if a new OP starts they get regular replacements instead of green ones. Of course it can be there are greens within the replacements but not many. Further elite divisions may have an extra regular tank slot. Means You can have 5 tanks for Your core forces.

Sempai

FGM Major
Short Message from HQ for Major Stoffel: Due to the fact Your troops are the most experienced by now HQ see it as given You will fulfil Your task bcourageously. But to make it even more probable and because You have already 6 tanks currently You get special permission to keep the six tanks. You had more crews left as tank slots so HQ added the missing material to that. Sadly it could be only what was left after all the other troops was already fitted. So You have a wide spread array of tanks. That special permission applies only for this OP.

HQ out!

Sempai

FGM Major
Short Message for Colonel IDIOT: Your good performance during the Africa campaign (OP) didn´t slip unnoticed as Your promotion and attachment shows. Out of generosity HQ send You a "prototype" to check it´s use for british troops. Well, it´s not really a new type but until now only in service with the US troops. There it is listed as M10. Our military designation will be "Wolverine". Try to avoid losing it!

HQ out!

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
Commander KENfgm is promoted to Major! Two new company HQs are already attached. They are fresh from the homeland and have no combat experience - only the drill from basic training.

HQ out!

Sempai

FGM Major
British Supreme Command has decided to give You another "Prototype" - the brand new Sherman-III (late). Contrary to the last messages HQ got Your first Prototype of the Wolverine made it over the ocean. You have now 7 tanks in Your ranks and all on veteran status.
Even though there is much resistance from other commanders HQ has decided to give You that. The task of You is a difficult one and Allies need a victory strongly. Is there any other wish You have what HQ, maybe, could fulfil?

HQ out!

Sempai

FGM Major
Congratulations Commander SEEL! HQ is very impressed by Your unbelievable success in Your very first OP. You were able to end the battles in Your sector in one rush and kill the enemy commander in charge. Therefor HQ awards You with the highest military award - the Victoria Cross (VC). For Your personnel risk during leading Your troops from the head and because of Your injury during that deed You are also awarded with the Injured Badge (IB).

Reasons for the Awards:
Commander SEEL showed impressive leading skills on the battlefield. His forces weren´t only able to push the enemy back but to kill also the enemy officer in charge. Further he showed personnel engagement on the battlefield under risk for his own life.

Congratulations!

HQ out!

Further You are promoted to the rank of Major with the date of today! Your performance on battlefield and in doing the organisation of Your troops is such way it deserves a promotion. So my congratulations, Major, to Your new rank!
Since You are now Battallion-HQ You´re in need of two Captains who lead Your companies because, even if it´s not a full one and consists only of two companies, a battalion is always leaded by a Major. The mentioned Captains are assigned by HQ and will arrive in time to participate on the coming battle. Both Captains are fresh from Sandhurst - so they are fully trained but have no combat experience.

Sempai

FGM Major
WALLY was just promoted to Major! Because You already have a company-HQ for Your second company Sandhurst sends You only one further company-HQ. The mentioned HQ is fully trained but has no combat experience - means it is a green one without any bonus.

HQ out!

Sempai

FGM Major
Commander SPHINX was just promoted to the rank of Major! You´re leader of a battallion now. SS heard of the heroic fight of Your PzAufklärer against an overwhelming mass and well experienced enemy. To honour their deeds and sacrifice, so their deaths aren´t for nothing and to let their formation name don´t fall into oblivion, SS supply You with a fresh built SS company. These company is built around the both italian Lieutenants who led the italian AA-guns. Further gunner crew Mancuso is also adopted by Your SS company. Sadly the company consists only of two platoons PzAufklärer since the situation in Sicily is critical currently. But as soon as supply rolls again You will get further equipment and, maybe, more men.

HQ out!

Sempai

FGM Major
Short message from HQ: Commanders! Our spies of our Intelligence Corps and the italian resistance have just accord us some worthwhile objects to deal with. The objects are of different importance for the current operation. A few have more indirect others immediate influence for the fighting. A list of them and their assumed effects will be posted on the bill-board asap. The bill-board will placed just beneath the GENERAL MAP at the very first post (Briefing Room) in Your HQ.
Fulfilling one or more of the secret missions concerning the objects is rewarded with points and/or prestige. Blowing a taken mission raises the prestige of the enemy.

HQ out!

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
Attention Commanders! If You want to fulfil one of the secret missions, what are to find on the Bill-Board in the Briefing Room, You should mention that to me asap! Latest date therefor is the 30th May. As You can see easily one can earn a lot of points and prestige there.

If You decide to do one of the missions I´ll dice if the mission is betrayed or not. 3 times of the possible 6 the mission is safe. The other 3 throws change from betrayed late over betrayed soon to betrayed immediately. That means the delay for the axis to learn about the secret mission ranges from immediate to never. Even if the mission is betrayed You can fulfil it. But it will be harder if the enemy learns about that mission.

To uncover if the isle in the middle of the sector is an observation point You have to send a spy (sniper without ammunition) there! He has to hold out there till to the end of the battle. If he survives You have safe info what that little isle is. If he dies, no matter which turn, the info is lost.
To do the unnoticable information search at the axis HQ it goes a similar way. 2 spies (2x sniper without ammunition) have to go into the building, hold out for a time I will mention later and withdraw via assault boat from the map. If at least one of the both spies survives till he is off the map the mission counts as successful. If both spies die before leaving the map the mission was a failure.

HQ out!

What I forgot to mention - the spies and/or troops You get for fulfilling the secret missions are given by HQ. You haven´t to use Your own. If the secret-missions-troops get lost or are killed that will not influence Your prestige. Only thing I can´t hinder is that CMAK calculate the auxiliary troops as Your own ones. So hold in mind that CMAK take in account Your losses there for the entire morale and battle calculatings!

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
Short Message for Commander OWL: Spies are ready and deployed! To make the search in the enemy HQ a success the both chosen spies have to get in till turn 7 and hold out there until the assault boat for retreat arrives. Then the spies should get that boat and at least one of them has to leave the map via assault boat in S direction! Hold in mind the boat has to turn yet - that need time.

Short Message for Commander STOFFEL: Spy is set and arrives in short time!

HQ out!

Sempai

FGM Major
Short Message for Commander GRIEVOUS: Because of the desperate situation HQ orders You to retreat all forces in the yellow setup zone in direction E and off the map! All troops and units in the yellow area are set for leaving the map. Not leaving produces a high amount of negative points. That is the calculating of CMAK. The good in it is if You are successful You get almost 2000 victory points.

HQ out!

Sempai

FGM Major
1) AA tower: it is already occupied by my units, what can I do?

Nothing!

2) what is "blast"?

blast = destroying the object by hand - means TNT or satchels (You have to get engineers there to "blast" the object away)

3) what do I do with these secret missions? Just do them? or should inform you before playing? How many can I do in one battle?

You have to inform me beforehand! Theoretically You can do all at one time. But that isn´t recommended/advised since if all missions get wrong in one battle that means all Your secret troops are dead or captured. CMAK would count them as Your own troops and calculate them in the result table automatically. So the chances would be much higher to lose the battle.

4) If i do not finish them or some of them in next battle, will I be able to do them later?

Started missions have to be fulfilled in one battle. But You can do them one after another - You haven´t to do them all in one battle. You haven´t to do one single of them at all. That´s a voluntary action. If a mission fails the opponent will gain prestige from Your failure.

As for my units, please downgrade all my veteran units, except the 3 piats, to regular units, and refill all my infantry units to full power (as reguler units) please. If my points are not enough, please further downgrade my shermans to green units. If still not enough, please let me know. Thank you.
I will need 5 assault boats too, please. Thanks. (as i think they are free , right?)
Will do that if possible.

Sempai

FGM Major
Dear guys, to simplify the requests for purchase, upgrade etc. for us all a bit I would say we try it as follows: You copy the sample beneath and paste it in Your post! All You have to do yet is to write behind the concerning headword what You want. So we should avoid further seesaw.

action:............. (for example: upgrade/purchase)
unit/troops:..... (for example: StuG-III G (mid))
experience:.... (regular/veteran etc.)
price:............... (for example: 117 points)
time of war:..... (for example: March 1944)

S

Stoffel

2 things are important for friendly fire. Quality of the pilot, the lower the more mistakes.
Make sure your forces are not lead by vehicles or tanks. Have infantry in front.
A tirck that attracts airrattacks is to have a truck drive around, planes are attracted as bears to honey in CM :)

Sempai

FGM Major
Short Message for Commander WOJCIECH: Commander, The Führer himself is furious about Your debacle! He has put high hopes in You and Your men. He was so furious he even demanded You should get shot instantly. Only the intercession of some of Your father´s friends who have some influence on some officers of the inner circle around Hitler You have it to thank that You will given a further chance. Use them wisely!

HQ out!

Sempai

FGM Major
Force mix file received. Before I make my purchase requests, a few questions:
1) How many points do I have now? (I see the list somehow updated, but it does not reflect the secret missions and thus : )

Yep, You´re right! The list is updated but only for the battle himself. Secret missions and captured units etc. I do always in the second run. That is to avoid too much distraction. Expecially Your battles are always a real deal to track down. :D:D:D But don´t let that bother You! You play how You think it´s best. That´s an order. It´s only because of Your many support forces and that You split often Your squads. So I jump over the whole battlefield all the time to find all Your guys. And the last was a very tricky one - but this time because of a squad or two of Your opponent who weren´t to find. So I had to start from the very first turn and look around where they have gone. They chose to leave the battlefield in unorderly manner. That only as an explanation why I do more as one run always.

2) Did I accomplish the secret missions? (HQ, observation post and Sentry) Do I get the bonus points now?

That we will know soon. But You have so many prestige it wouldn´t make a major difference. But nevertheless I try to answer so soon as possible. Only as info - I needed one entire night for each of the last two battles I had to calculate etc. One night for WALLYvsKEN and one for IDIOTvsNUMBERZ. So be patient with me, please! I make so quick as I can.

3) I think I captured at least one tank (PzIII) last battle, was it put to the pool or was it added to my force?

That is definitely right! He will added to the pool. But You have always the opportunity to take him from there.

4) Do we still have the air support like previous battles? (I see the naval gun support is gone. )

No, both supports are gone because italian and german forces pushes back by now and allied fleet as air force have to battle their own battles now.

5) What does the axis have now? (roughly, I mean, do they have more air / arty support now or is it still like before? )

That is to answer by the intelligence Corps. Reports come in short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.