MBC - ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sempai

FGM Major
Short Message for Commander KASHASH: Your outstanding Panzer Rush about the bridge caused the enemy many casualties. HQ informs You that the SS shows real interest in Your armored branch because of the skilled actions of Your tank crews. Word is spread SS want to buy Your entire tank platoon from You. HQ will track that down and tell You asap what´s that all about.

HQ out!

Sempai

FGM Major
@seel:

1. Do you need my turns from the last battle or are the turns from the other player adequate?

I need all turns! If I have confirmed I got them all You can delete Yours on Your hardware.

2. By looking at the map am I correct to assume that the enemy may advance from the north at any location on the map from the north?

Correct.

3. Since I am back on the beach are there any artillery assets

Nope, they have to do on another place!

4. Will the RAF be present during this battle?

Nope, they have to do on another place!

5. When you say "reach the estimate", do you mean the estate to set up a resistance pocket?

Ooops, Yes, that´s correct! Sorry for the slip! Seems I was more tired as I thought as I wrote that.

6. Is it more important to win via casualties points and flags or to hold the castle? I'm not sure if it is more important to win the points or achieve objectives. What I am saying is it more important to try and hold the castle at all costs or just win the game via points?

Most of the time the result shown on the result table of CMAK after the battle is what´s important. There are two exceptions. a) One of the avatars dies or is captured. Then his opponent wins by Total Victory - no matter what the CMAK result table may show. b) I let You know beforehand there would be an exception because of a certain reason.

7. I am still not clear on this secret mission thing can you please clarify this for me?

What isn´t clear on that? Please specify!

And on a last note as an FYI I will be leaving for vacation on the 15th and be gone for two weeks.

OK, wish You a nice time! By the way - What´s "FYI"?

Greetings :)

Sempai

FGM Major
Message from HQ: Commanders! By now all of You should have learned about the secret missions the Allies tried in our sectors! We are not sure how many were set but it seems we were at least able to hinder a few of them. Sadly others were successful. The local resistance seems to work tight together with the Allies. The bodies of the allied Spies we have discovered were all not italian but the have needed local assistance to get so far. Other signs let us assume that important info were stolen so it could be the Allies know about our current situation.
HQ works on our own secret missions to have something to answer with. But You all have to calculate from now on with terroristic acts in Your Hinterland. If possible HQ send special police forces to deal with the terrorists. Maybe some italian Blackshirts can be spared to do that until the special police forces arrive. We will see!

HQ out!

Sempai

FGM Major
@idiot94: You have always to declare what mission(s) You want to do! So this time there wasn´t something announced so no further change of points or prestige.

Message from HQ: Commanders! By now the enemy will have noticed that there was something getting on in his backyard! The special missions will become harder, HQ assumes. But that shouldn´t bother You too much! The all in all advance of our OP is very well. The Axis will be fussed about our rear land action. So be still more careful the next time You try one of the special missions!

HQ out!

Sempai

FGM Major
Dear Commanders! Some tip concerning the format for purchase, upgrade etc.! If You have units and troops of the same experience and/or action You could do it as follows:

Example A
action:............. (for example: purchase)
unit/troops:..... (for example: 1x StuG-III G (early), 1x Platoon PzGrens 1943, 50mm-ATG)
experience:...... (for example: regular)
price:............... (for example: 118 points + 115 + 46 = 279 total)
time of war:..... (for example: July 1943)

Example B
action:............. (for example: upgrade)
unit/troops:..... (for example: 1x StuG-III G (early) to StuG-IIIG (mid-early), 1x Platoon PzGrens 1943, 50mm-ATG)
experience:...... (for example: regular to veteran)
price:............... (for example: 23 + 15 + 8 = 46 total)
time of war:..... (for example: July 1943)

That would spare You a good deal of posting the format again and again for every single unit or troop. Of course if You do the upgrade format You use the name of Your unit or troop You want up- or downgraded. Means for example instead of StuG-IIIG You would write 5th StuG-IIIG or for Inf You would use 1st Platoon PzGrens to Paratroopers´43 etc.! If You want to up- or downgrade or sell or buy a few units/troops of the same kind You have on to put the concerning amount before the name etc. etc.! I hope that is understandable what I mean!

Sempai

FGM Major
Short Message from SS-HQ for Commander SPHINX: Dear Commander! Since our defenses and supply routes are almost established again You can await a further platoon of our Pz-Aufklärers to make Your Company a full SS-Company. You should think about a change to the SS! If You want that we were proud to have You in our ranks. It would be only one call to Your current division commander to get that permitted. You would always get free veteran reinforcements between the OPs, new material would transmitted always first to You and so on.
Let us know if You are interested or not!

SS-Oberkommando out!

Sempai

FGM Major
Some things which may helpful to know!

1 - never lose Your avatar or Your enemy wins by Total Victory no matter what result tables say
2 - if You can´t capture abandoned enemy units it would be clever to pump rounds in that units to change the status to destroyed
3 - buildings where a bridge goes through ARE traversable - if not it is a design failure
4 - You can have Crews without a tank in a pool (I set one asap in the HQs) - they aren´t lost and You can buy them a brand new tank for the half price
5 - always declare special missions before You start to fulfil them - otherwise they will not calculated
6 - capturing abandoned enemy units needs they have to be in Your sphere of influence (see rules) - it can be they are in no ones sphere or in both opponents sphere - in that cases they are most times lost for both sides
7 - secret missions can only been tried one time - not fulfilling them means they are uncovered - no next attempt possible
8 - special missions aren´t necessarily secret missions - they can sometimes allow You to fulfil them over more as one battle
9 - Trucks and Boats are for free but their wilful damage or destruction (for example recon missions without the opportunity of return) is avenged by a fee. The fee is set by me and can vary from situation to situation. But You can be sure it will be a harsh fee.

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
Short Message for Cmdr. SEEL: If all goes wrong and the axis forces should be able to penetrate Your defense - the least You have to hold is the military base with new established emergency airstrip. C-47s are underway to land a few platoons US infantry there. Calculate with at least 3 platoons and an attached engineers platoon for the last battle in that sector! It would be a pity if they jump into the hands of axis troops.

HQ out!

Sempai

FGM Major
Ah! Here a few advantages: Always getting veteran reiforcements for free between OPs, leaders have always a morale and combat bonus (except they are replaced by half-squads after a battle), always the first to get new equipment, some of the general rules have no power anymore etc.!

Sempai

FGM Major
I saw through the units and troops of Your battle, SPHINX! There is nothing You have to be ashamed for. Even Your guys were inferior in number and experience You managed to hold the overwhelming allied forces back. Further most of them sold dear. Bad Luck the one Tiger went in flames. But a Tiger can be replaced.

Short Message for Cmdr. SPHINX: Commander SPHINX! First rumours told of a debacle on Your front. OK-SS was very displeased by that. But luckily the rumours proved to be wrong. OK-SS had troops concentrated near Your sector to start a attack to gain initiative back. Now it was decided to redirect that forces to You. Further OK-SS debates a paratrooper drop with OKH in the rear of the enemy. Whatever, You can calculate with strong forces and reinforcements for the coming battle. Ah, and before we forget - for that mentioned attack heavy artillery was set. Maybe even a few aircrafts can be spared.

OK-SS out!

Sempai

FGM Major
Short Message: Commander WOJCIECH is sent to the Eastern Front! His inaptness to continue the successful history of his predecessor and losing almost all troops and units is actually a reason to commit voluntary suicide. But because of his honourable father it was him permitted to lead a penal company instead.

HQ out!

Sempai

FGM Major
Dear Commanders, after OKW had send Commander WOJCIECH to the Eastern Front there has a new commander arrived. His nick is Uffz.BRAUN and he will take over for NUMBERZ/WOJCIECH. Because of the situation I give him NUMBERZ HG-Battalion as it was before WOJCIECH wasted it. Maybe I make some slight changings but all in all it will be the former HG elite formation. That is an exception. And Commander IDIOT94 gets an award for taking his sector. Because he lost almost no unit so one can see it as gaining experience and points/prestige "for free". The few units he lost I replace by new ones.
The main reason why I do it that way is the AXIS side would have no matching commander concerning prestige/points and lost the best formation by an unexperienced player. That could lead to such an unbalance the MBC could break on it.

I hope You can understand my doing! In every case it´s a TM decision and not triable!

Sempai

FGM Major
Congratulations Commander OWLl! HQ is impressed by Your success in Sicily. You were able to end the battles in Your sector before the time. Therefor HQ awards You with the Military Cross.

Reasons for the Award:
Commander OWL showed impressive leading skills on the battlefield. His forces weren´t only able to push the enemy back but to fight their way through aiagainst the fierce resistance of the enemy.

Congratulations!

HQ out!

Sempai

FGM Major
Congratulations to Commander GRIEVOUS! HQ awards You with the Kriegsverdienstmedaille (KVM)!

Reasons for the Awards:
Commander GRIEVOUS showed great responsibility for his men. With disdain for his own life he led his surviving men out of danger. During that action he was wounded badly. This and the earlier award of the Verwundetenabzeichen let HQ no other choice as to grant him the KVM.

Congratulations!

HQ out!

Sempai

FGM Major
That depends on several things. I would guess in one or two weeks. But can´t promise anything. I do so quick as I can. Most time is lost by the looking for Your troops. If You all played more orderly I could find the troops quicker. So for the future only movement in one direction is allowed yet - forward. ;) But in earnest - I had searched hours to find one crew of You. I had to review almost all Your turns and as I reached the last turn or so I could see in the video mode how the mentioned crew was killed. But big surprise in the opened last turn/result table turn there was no dead crew to find anymore. Such things and similar cost a hugh amount of time.

Sempai

FGM Major
Hm, not sure what You mean! +/- buttons only jump from unit to unit or if used in the NUM block change the elevation level of the view. My problem was probably a clitch of the CMx1 engine. The unit wasn´t just there where it was. Means was totally vanished even though it should have laid dead under the killed M10.

P.S.: If an unit leaves the map and You think on to mention that - it would be great to know the turn number as well. But it is also OK if You don´t think on it. Therefor for example I need the files.

Sempai

FGM Major
Congratulations to Commander KENfgm! HQ awards You with the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold (DKG)!

Reasons for the Awards:
Commander KENfgm´s leading skills are impressive. Against all odds he wasn´t only able to hold back an overwhelming enemy force but to kill the enemy commander and re-take the sector.

Congratulations!

HQ out!

Sempai

FGM Major
Express Message to Commander STOFFEL: Commander, bad news! Since a few hours (since the night started) the Germans pour troops into the town just ahead of Your troops. Sadly the resistance member what should inform You was captured and questioned. We don´t know how much he said. But HQ suggests Your opponent knows all about You and Your forces by now. Luck in bad luck - another spy made it to the HQ and told us the Germans prepare a counter attack on Your positions. Prepare for the worst! The spy wasn´t sure but meant to have got a glance of something that read as "SS - CHARLEMAGNE". Seems the Germans established a new SS Division.
HQ knows You sit between tree and bark now! But it isn´t to avoid - You have to advance further and to the same time watch Your "back"/positions so You aren´t overrun by that onslaught. Sadly that is all what we could get of information.

US HQ has already sent support on its way. But nobody knows if that will be enough. Sadly the current situation lets not much space for our own forces. The counter attack of Commander KASHASH in Commander SEELs sector binds most of our own troops. So it´s Your decision, Commander, how You proceed. HQ will not be disappointed if You fail there. But try all what You can to reach Your goal!

All the best!

HQ out!

Status
Not open for further replies.