MBC - ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sempai

FGM Major
That´s true! And if IDIOT94 doesn´t have objections we could transfer the points to You. WALLY gets some extra assistance of me. The only question is what´s going on with SEEL´s battle. Maybe he will need a few points as well. We will see! I hold that in mind.

I´ll check Your situation instantly and maybe one can gain something more from Your points. No promise - only an attempt.

Greetings :)

Sempai

FGM Major
Good Day, KEN!

The purchase price per platoon is reduced when they are purchased as a complete company, as opposed to purchasing individual platoons or squads.

Right! Depends a bit on the situation. You want to upgrade Your companies so I do it with the company price. Same if the wanted troop is part of a company.

Since a few of my HQ units are above Green in experience, I would leave those "untouched" by the upgrade.

That is no problem! If no other way mentioned I do it always that way.

I also understand I have 400 points to upgrade...?!? If this is true, then that is great news, because I have many other Green units (besides infantry) that need an upgrade in experience.

Yes, You had 100 points left over for battle 7 and 100 points gained by the victory over Your opponent. That already are 200 points. Further every commander gets 200 points for every starting new OP - means every 4th battle.

I would also like to purchase (2) X Regular "Section leader" HQ units for my HMG teams. Is that possible...?

Due to the restrictions one can´t by section HQs. I can buy You platoon HQs a few and You can use them as "Section-HQs". One of the reasons why for MBC You can´t buy companies and battalions with all support units/troops attached.

Thanks,
Ken

Always a pleasure! :)

P.S.: You should always again take a look into the "MBC - TECHNICAL PROCEDURE (for Players)" thread at the MBC main section! I try to make that the library for the players and their questions. So it is upgraded from time to time and answers many questions, I´m sure. I´ll add Your topic soon there. And if You are sure what You want - do it in the concerning format, please! To find at the mentioned thread! ;)

Owl

FGM Corporal
712 Points / 373 Prestige
action purchase
unit/troops 3x Humber IV 3x80 = 240 points
3x Stuart VI 3x 100= 300 points
Recon assault Plt = 125 points
Total 665 points

Sempai

FGM Major
OWL, You already have full slots of infantry! The 3 Humbers are OK! You have then yet 1 slot free for another vehicle. You have further 1 tank slot free because Your last level up of Your formation to an "elite" armored formation. So:

unit/troops 3x Humber IV 3x80 = 240 points OK! (1x Humber4 August 1944 costs 82 if crack and 72 points if veteran)
3x Stuart VI 3x 100= 300 points only one slot free!
Recon assault Plt = 125 points all slots full!

So should I give You 3 Humbers and 1 Stuart? Or do You wish to change Your list again?

Sempai

FGM Major
I thought the constellation is self-explanatory enough this time. Get the sector! That´s all for the moment. Exit Zones are explained at the Technical Procedure (for Players) thread.

seel

FGM Lance Corporal
Quick breakdown of my battle. I really considered this first battle a recon in force as it involved crossing a couple of rivers and was not sure of my objective or the strength of the enemy.

The first river I was held up by a pesky ATG in a pillbox, my towed artillery were not able to knock it out so I had to bring up a AA gun to do the trick. With this delay the Germans moved a bunch of tanks into place to challenge my crossing point for the second crossing. With several Panthers and several Tigers lying in wait and no artillery support I decided not to try and cross my tanks over the second crossing. losses were not heavy, a few tanks, a few guns and some infantry casualties but my force lies largely in tack. I can't believe as the Allies I have no arty support. With all of those Panthers and Tigers massed I could have made a mess with some arty. With not artillery it will be a tough call crossing the second river.

Sempai

FGM Major
Nah, next round the mighty Airforce will drop by and see what they can do. Should become a hard day for the axis.

I´ll take a look into the files asap. Currently I´m amidst some RL work for our sports association and some other stuff. That needs much time.

S

Stoffel

Instead of CM's unreliable aircraft I used Heavy gun spotters on occasion, works much better.
Give them 2 or 4 rounds each and a player can decide to a fair degree where to drop the bombs :)
Additionally you can add a few TRPs to.

Sempai

FGM Major
Attention, Commanders! The just finished battles showed some real problems for the further continuing of them. The natural obstacles, mainly the water obstacles, slow down our advance more as thought. So Supreme Allied Command had decided to concentrate some airforce to Your assistance.
Because of re-doing the plans it is already night now. You have to decide if You want risk a night bombing on the Krauts or rather wait until morning for that.
But hold in mind only one squadron (4 planes) can be used currently. You have to decide how they will used - as squadron for one commander or as single planes for every commander. This will change surly in short. But until then...

HQ out!

Sempai

FGM Major
Hm, seems I either did forget to post this or already deleted it again. Will have to check my data.

Attention Commanders! For now it seems we can hold our position. But You can bet the Allies will try their luck again in no time. And as High Command thinks You have to calculate with strong airforce engagements. Luckily it is night by now and so far the Allies didn´t another attack. If that is a good or bad sign nobody knows. At least the chance for airstrikes is very low at night.
But let us calculate with the worst! So You should prepare for a very strong allied next strike. Maybe You should use the night for a counter attack. Who knows how the situation is if the morning dawns? On the other hand it is very risky since the opponent sits near the bridges in almost all sectors. So a river crossing is very dangerous - at least via bridges and fords. So it is Your decision how to advance. But hold the sectors!

HQ out!

S

Stoffel

Night bombing would be my favourate option, specially if you use the idea I presented ;-) (Mainly cause we can decide with TRPs where to attack)
Single planes in the CM engine are a menace.
But I am not alone in this, I go along with the majority!

Owl

FGM Corporal
I finished my battle. It was one big dissapointment!:

1st: Enemy had 4 elite Tigers. Not 1 or 2 but 4, by far to many!!!
2nd: Adittional Panther, Brummbaers and Stugs
3rd: There is a bug in CMAK concerning Sherman vs Brummbaer. Every time a Shermans spots a Brummbear it fires only smoke! My 76mm Shermans did this at all distances although it could easely kill the Brummbear frontal (below 500 meters). In the order phase I gave the fire order and the system told good opportunity to hit / kill but in the turn the tanks still fired only smoke.
4th: No room for manoeuvre, the 3 locations where to cross the river had already a 75mm pillbox. This in combination with the Elite Tigers and all the other armor and infantry behind it, resulted in an unrealistic battle. (I would be surprised if any Allied gamer achieves a victory.) I liked the map but there was no opportunity to surprise my opponent.

Sempai

FGM Major
1) That means it´s only a reminder for me and has to calculated further.

2) I assume You mean wherefor they are good or used. Orden = Medals Your avatar wins. Embleme = A kind of badges that gives Your troops some slight advantages. Feldzug = OP and shows what OP You already were part of.

Sempai

FGM Major
The battle data I got so far is almost done concerning calculation. Only the games of OWL vs Uffz.BRAUN and Wally vs Gen.GRIEVOUS I have to wait for yet.

From now on, if all goes well, You have to be always and everywhere prepared for surprises. War is in its late state and on both sides expectations are high.
I´ll try to implement the special and secret missions again. Special forces will get/play a more major role now. Commanders who haven´t reached at least the rank of Major so far should consider to buy their rank since the current and coming map(s) are all about 2000m x 2000m in size). For those who not yet have noticed it - if You buy another/second infantry company You automatically raise from Captain to Major. I didn´t stress that earlier to avoid all of You would buy it from the very start on. If You already have two companies You can´t buy another inf company without special permission of SHQ or before You get a rank of at least Colonel. And even then a special permission could be necessary.

If we restart MBC sometime (maybe under another title/name then - maybe already as SCT) in CMBB You should hold that in mind. I´ll re-do the rules until then and hopefully get them a bit more orderly as currently. And for then we will start with platoon level so You have to go through all ranks if possible.

The coming MBC battle is a night battle with all its advantages and disadvantages if You plan Your tactics and buy Your troops.

Sempai

FGM Major
Commander OWL, You have the honour to fight the Hermann-Göring-Division. That is maybe the best formation at the german ranks by now - maybe the SS-Charlemagne-Division is on the same level yet. Further it is a paratrooper-tank-division. Because of the past battles the troops and units gained very much experiences. And if I may say so - The HG-Division is the most agile and universal deployable formation of this war. You could say concerning us, the Allies, it is the devil himself.
Because of the current situation Supreme HQ anyway has to regroup some armies - Do You want to get set against a weaker formation and let take over the Desert Rats of Colonel IDIOT94 for Your troops? Of course, that would inflict/influence Your promotion opportunities. Think it over, Commander!

HQ out!

P.S.: This bug You mentioned I didn´t know of beforehand. I´ll investigate that in short. Do You know if that bug counts also for Firefly and other tank types? Or is it an only Sherman-vs-Brummbär thing?

S

Stoffel

I ran 8 tests with all Shermans, none fired smoke or retreated.
In all tests the tanks kept engaging the Brummbear and destroyed it.

Tried it again, this time as axis. Made sure the brumm got hull down. But each test the brumm got fired on by all shermans and died in 1 turn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sempai

FGM Major
Hm, maybe OWLs situation was the Brummbärs in hull down position? Then I would understand the Shermans didn´t waste ammo because even under 500m theshells aren´t able to penetrate the upper armor. Only sometimes if there is a weak point in the armor.

Sempai

FGM Major
August 1944 - First Battles

After the successful landing of the Allies at the Normandy now the resistance of the Axis gets stronger and stronger.
Where in the latest past the US and british trooper was used to see the Landser retreat after some fierce skirmishes he now has to face a new quality of staying power - actual more a grade of fanatism he never saw before. In accordance with unverified reports that is because there are at least two elite formations involved for the Axis - the Hermann-Göring-Division and the SS-Charlemagne-Division.
Desert Rats as well as the Black-Bull-Division are the most expereinced formations on allied side what are involved as well but so far it seems despite that fact the Allies got a bloody nose during the first fights .
Rumor has it the Third Reich has already set some more elite divisions into march. Maybe even some from the eastern front. It is said that could turn the luck for the Germans. It remains to be seen if the numerical superiority of the Allies is enough to deal with the quality of that formations.

So allied Supreme Headquarters assembles strong forces for a new strike as it seems. Maybe to strike before the new german divisions are able to join in? Currently there is no information available what the OKW has planned.

Sempai

FGM Major
KEN(fgm) just dropped out by his own will! So Axis a a commander short again. I´ll asl MR.YORMSHA if he is willing to overtake.

Sempai

FGM Major
December 1944 - Third Reich on the Ropes?

The last months were very lucky for the Allies. Despite the fanatical resistance of the Wehrmacht the Allies were able to launch one successful operation after another. It seems the Germans are exhausted by now. But also the Allies could need a rest. So current operations were skipped for now and the brave men of the combined allied forces got some days off. The ranks get refilled, technique overhauled and supplies restocked.
But alarmingly messages trundles in. It is spoken of breakthroughs of tall german formations through the main battle line. As rumour has it masses of King Tigers, Jagdpanthers and all the other beast of the german armor branch should have been seen. That contradicts all information the OSS disclosed so far. Surpreme Allied Command act on the assumption that this rumours are a sign of the huge stress the troops faced so long. And now every little probe of the Germans is seen as possible massive assault. Nevertheless Surpreme Command ordered a few formations to advance into the general direction of the mentioned breakthroughs. Most famous involved task forces are again Desert Rats and Black Bulls. What may they face?

Status
Not open for further replies.