MBC (Mini-Battles-Campaign) arises again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sempai

FGM Major
GENERAL INFORMATION

Dear Comrades,

A few of You will surly remember my first attempt to create a flowing campaign for CMx1. I found it quite good except of the high drop out rate. Sure, there were a few failures but nothing important so far as I can remind me.
Since FFT and Cross Tournament make steady progress I thought I restart the MBC again.
Because there is a lot of manual calculating, writing and setting up the number of participants will be restricted. So far 2 former participants, Rommel and Numberz, confirmed they would enter that challenge again. If Owl should also still be interested he will take the third slot because former steady participants will have a privilege in participation. That means only three slots are open so far as no other former MBC participant shows up again.

What exactly is the MBC?
It´s a campaign and no tournament. That means You will battle through a few maps - similar to the FFT. But the main difference is You will gain experience for Your troops, points for Your pool and prestige for unexpected assistance or resistance etc. after every finished battle. And You can´t change the history of WW2. That is important because You can only play for Axis OR Allies. That is the reason why there will be two winners. The best player of each side is the winner for mentioned side.
Further You have to fulfil some tasks as might be rescuing crashed pilots or officers, take partisan village etc. etc.
You can decide, within given parameters, how You upgrade Your troops between battles or years of war. There will be a few more not so common things one commonly can´t do in CM. But since I don´t participate on that campaign I can do a lot manually what makes that campaign different from others.
By the way - It´s an CMAK campaign.

SCENARIOS TO PLAY

A - AFRICA 1943 (Meeting Engagement)
B - HUSKY 1943 (Allied Assault / Landing Operation)
C - D-DAY 1944 (Allied Assault / Landing Operation)

D - FRANCE 1944 (Allied Attack)
E - ARDENNES 1944 (German Attack / Assault)
F - ARDENNES 1945 (Allied Attack / Assault)
G - BERLIN 1945 (Allied Assault)

It´s to decide if we play only four battles or all seven. The green marked scenarios are these what You will play if only four battles will been played.
Each operation (scenario) consists of 4 battles (dawn, midday, dusk and night). After all 4 are played the next operation (map) can start.

AVAILABLE FORMATIONS (changed)

Current Formations Rules

- not more as 2 Companies Inf (Your Main Forces)
- not more then 2 Sharpshooters
- not more then 6 PzSchrecks or PIATs/Anti-Tank-Rifles
- not more then 6 Flamethrowers
- not more then 4 Tankhunters
- not more then 4 HMGs
- not more then 6 Mortars
- not more then 6 LMGs
- not more then 4 Guns
- not more then 6 Vehicles
- not more then 4 Tanks
- all troops mentioned in Rule 27 aren´t available as Main Forces (except You gain a permission from HQ)

Artillery/Planes and stationary Units (Fortifications) aren´t available - except they are set for the Scenario by me.

Old Formations Rules

- Infantry
- Mechs
- Tank
- Paratroopers

Infantry
Special Skill: none
Advantage: number of men, many support troops
Disadvantage: no tanks, only two transport vehicles

Consists of:
- 2x Full Inf Company
- 4x HMG
- 4x PzSchreck (Allies 6x PIAT)
- 4x Tank Hunters (Allies none)
- 4x Flamethrower
- 4x Mortar
- 4x Gun
- 2x Transport Vehicle (Allies 4x Transporter)

Mechs
Advantage: fast moving, many vehicles of all versions
Disadvantage: no tanks

Consists of:
- 2x 2/3 Inf Company (Allies + 1 Platoon)
- 2x HMG
- 2x PzSchreck (Allies 4x PIAT)
- 2x Tank Hunters
- 2x Flamethrower
- 2x Mortar
- 2x Gun
- 10x Vehicle

Armor/Tanks
Advantage: tanks
Disadvantage: almost no support units

Consists of:
- 2x 2/3 Inf Company
- 2x HMG
- 2x Flamethrower
- 4x Tank
- 2x Vehicle
- Allies + 2x PIAT

Paratroopers
Special Skill: 2x paradrop of a platoon during single OP
Advantage: action behind enemy lines
Disadvantage: no tanks, only two vehicles

Consists of:
- 2x 2/3 Inf Company + 1 Platoon
- 2x HMG (Allies 4x HMG)
- 4x PzSchreck (Allies 6x PIAT)
- 4x Flamethrower
- 4x Mortar
- 2x Light Gun
- 2x Vehicle

MBC - RULES

Main Rule
The Tournament Master (me) is always right. Means if a decision is to made I´ll make it and You have no choice as to accept it. That will only be if there is no rule what says what´s to do. Or if two rules work against each other. Or a given rule shows it doesn´t work etc.

1.) Setup Zones
The first setup zone for every operation will set from the Tourneymaster (TM). Any operation consists of 4 battles.
The setup zones in any further battle depends on how Your action was during the last battle. That counts mainly for the attacker. The defender has the luck he will lose only the parts of terrain which come under control of the attacker.

2.) Main Forces
Both sides start with a green company of soldiers without any attached unit as PIATs or flamers and so on. You have to buy them extra. But You have some support troops who already belongs to Your main forces. You should be very careful with all of Your troops for they will not always replaced if it´s needed but if the opportunity exists to do that.

2.a) Attached Units/Troops
At CM You can buy Platoons or taller Formations who have already attached some stuff as PzSchrecks or even Vehicles etc. That will not count for the MBC. You can buy that Formations but I´ll delete that attached Units/Troops - You will always have to buy them separately. That´s for making it more easy for me and the Calculating of Costs and Prices etc.

3.) Supporting Forces of Allies & Axis
You will find other and different experienced forces as Your own ones on the map. That are the supporting forces of other parts of the side You fight for. For the Allies the Americans support the British so You can always indentify easily who´s Main and who´s Support forces.
For the Axis it will be Italians mostly.

4.) Commander´s Money Pool
Both commanders have a starting coin of 200 points they can use as they wish so far it follows the rules for that campaign. The first time You can use that money is the second battle of the first operation.
You should decide wisely if You spend it immediately or spare it for later times and more expensive things.

5.) Purchase of new Units
If You want new troops who will attached permanentely to Your main forces You have to buy them. The price is the in CM listed price without rarity. If You don´t make another mention You get green troops. You can buy more experienced troops if they are available and if reinforcement situation allows it.
(Note: Germans can buy all kind of experience for their troops from the very start on. Allies have limits for the first operation. The highest experience for the british is “hardboiled”. For borrowed american forces “veteran”.) - CANCELED
Rarity is off for all battles but only what the unit´s prices regards. It isn´t possible to buy units before the time they arrived common duty on battlefield. Only exception is You get the prototype of a unit. That depends on Your prestige and some random factors.

6.) Assigned Units
Sometimes HQ send troops or/and units for permanent service with Your troops. They restock Your forces for example if You (the commander in charge) get a promotion and Your new rank imply You have to command a larger troop now. Or Your fighting skill is impressive but it lacks for a promotion. And so on and so forth.

7.) Borrowed Units and Troops
There are two different kinds of borrowed units and troops. First kind is the assigned borrowed unit/troop. You can nothing do to get them. They will assigned by HQ and mostly be on the map from the very first turn on. It´s a thing of the tourney master (TM) – what is me. The second kind is what You are buying from other parts of the armed forces You serve for. You can try to buy assigned troops for longer as HQ has planned for You. Or You send a request to the HQ for other more specific troops and units You want. But these troops need time to arrive You.
Furthermore borrowed units are more expensive as bought ones because they will have to replaced there from where they come from. And it could be the other commander needs them badly. Or think he does. Or he can´t stand You. There are many opportunities. I´ll random dice that. The average is You have to pay twice for such a unit.
Note: If You lose them - no problem. It will not directly influence You. Only Your prestige will go down.

8.) Lent Units and Troops
Per random process and the progress of battles You fight it can be other parts of the armed forces You fight for will be in trouble. They will cry for assistance or reinforcements. That´s Your chance to get more points/prestige if You lend them some of Your units. But note - there is an opportunity to lose that units because they will destroyed in battle. In the not so crook case the units will be only damaged it can be they will be not available for one battle - considered together You have to relinquish to use Your units again for two battles.

9.) Common Upgrade for Main Forces
Each operation will start with a total overhauling of all troops and units to a standard. That means if You start in June 1944 and You have a company riflemen´43 or even ´42 (if You´re british) all troops will upgraded to riflemen´44. Same counts for the germans. If there is no upgrade because You have already the standard nothing will happen.
But these upgrade is for free. You can deny that upgrade for example if You have still Fallschirmjäger´43 and don´t want them upgraded to ´45.

10.) Upgrades
After every battle You can upgrade all of Your units if You have enough points. For example - You started with Rifle 42 squad and upgrade now to rifle 45 squad. Or Your 50mm gun to a 75mm gun. The difference between original price (without rarity) of Your given unit and the original price of the unit type You want is what You have to pay. If You want to upgrade a StuGIIIG to a Hetzer it costs You nothing but You will not get back the remaining difference of points.

11.) Points and Prestige
You need points to buy units and troops and reinforcements. Prestige gives You the chance of "Special Units" or other advantages as “Intelligence Info” etc. This will be random diced of me.
Points are given for the kind of victory or defeat You will reach in a battle. Currently the scale is as following:

Total Victory = 100 points / 100 prestige
Major Victory = 100 points / 50 prestige
Tactical Victory = 50 points / 10 prestige
Minor Victory = 25 points / 5 prestige

Draw = 25 points / 0 prestige

Minor Defeat = 20 points / 0 prestige
Tactical defeat = 10 points / 0 prestige
Major Defeat = 5 points / 0 prestige
Total defeat = 0 points / 0 prestige

Note: You can change points in prestige and vise versa but the course is always 2:1. Means You have always to give the double of that what You want to get.

Note: Some actions need spending prestige, others not! That depends on the situation. (new)

12.) Abandoned and captured Units
Abandoned vehicles, tanks and supporting units can be captured. They have to be in Your sphere of influence. If the unit is in the sphere of Your opponent and it´s his unit the unit will be not avaiable for one battle. After that the unit is repaired and ready for action again.
Since no captured units can be found in the late war CMAK I´ll try to replace them with similar units of the given toops. For example - You captured a SPW 251/1 so You get a new M5 or M3. You captured a Bren Carrier You´ll get a SPW 250/1. And so on. For tanks it´s a bit more difficult but it will work the same way.
Note: There is no restriction of the number or kind of captured units You can add to Your forces. Captured units can´t been upgraded.
Note2: All captured units can be sold if wanted. (new)

13.) Repairing of Units
All abandoned or damaged units can be repaired. (It need always one battle to do it.) CANCELED

14.) Abandoned Crews
They will take in a pool to wait till their tank or vehicle is repaired or replacements are sent. Crews of destroyed mortars/guns get a few grenade bundles and PzFausts or an LMG to do their job as tank hunters or LMG-troop till replacement for their mortars or guns arrives. Vehicles, tanks, guns and mortars for existing crews will cost only the half of the original price.

15.) Medals and Badges
After every OP medals will awarded to the troops who have deserved them. That decision will made by me the TM.
Avatars can also get badges and medals. That kind of awards will given after every battle if there is something You have to be mentioned for.

16.) MIA, RIP and Wounded
After every battle I´ll calculate misses, casualties and dead. To make it easy as possible I will merge outnumbered/wounded troops so they can build new full groups if necessery.

17.) Leader Bonus and Level-Up
Depending on how a unit, group, team or leader fought and/or lead it will give an experience level-up and/or leader bonus for the troop leaders. All of Your leaders start without any leadership bonus.

18.) Formations (canceled)
Formations will be introduced to handle the upgrade. Formations define how many units of one type can used in Your army. Because I have not enough info about that stuff from WW2 I make my own ones.
But that shall not bother You. It´s only for me to decide how many units of different kind are allowed for both armies.
Please, check also the info "Available Formations" on the beginning of that thread.

19.) Restrictions for Troop Purchase (new Rule in separate Post)
It´s not allowed to own more as the number of main forces are shown in the formation rule/info "Available Formations". That doesn´t imply the support units.

20.) Worst Case
If Your main forces are destroyed the headquarters embattle a new task force for You. Counts for both opponents. Commonly the forces will all be unexoerienced. If You have luck there will be a few troops with better experience.
Further - Maybe, if we should have enough replacement players, losing an army means You have to quit for one of the replacements. But that is a decision of the TM if that situation should occur.

21.) Prisoners of War (POW)
POWs will raise Your prestige by the value the result table shows at the end of every battle and from time to time (but very seldom) give You some extra information about Your opponent.
Should You capture or kill the enemy commander in charge You have won immediately by Total Victory. No matter how the result would have been beforehand.

22.) Reserves
They are a pool with a few troops and units who can been chosen of You if You think You will need replacements immediately or more power for the next advance or assault. But You have to deal with Your fellow Generals. They have to take from the same pool.

23.) Avatar
Your avatar will have Your nickname and shows Your presence on the battlefield. He will earn You medals, experience and maybe some further troops if he acts well. If he does crap You will lose quick.
It is essential You don´t let him been killed or captured. The battle would be over for You. That means You will restart as green and unexperienced leader with unexperienced troops.

24.) Paradrop (???)
During every OP one can set two times a place where a platoon paratroopers should land. Only restriction is the men can only get back on their feet and first if they are back again the second flight can start.
But there is no guarantee the men land where You want them to. They can drift or become uncovered or hurt etc.

25.) Passwords
You all get passwords from me. You have to use them. Not using them will be punished with Total Loss of the current battle. If You send me Your used password in time no punishment will be done. Nevertheless You have then to use MY password for the following battles.

26.) Turn Sending
You have to send me all Your turns so long the MBC lasts. I need them for calculating and maybe for doing decisions in quarrels. Same punishment as for the rule "Passwords" if not following the turn sending rule.

27.) Special Forces
Mostly forces You can´t add to Your permanent force. Such forces would be SS / FFL or SAF, Brandenburger / Commandos, Pioniere / Engineers as fighting forces. I still ponder to implement "logistic" or "tech" forces. But that we will see. So far Special Troops are:
SS (all branches) : extrem hard fighters
FFL or SAF (Mechs) : same as SS but for Allies
Brandenburger : able to sneak into the rear land of the enemy and set ambushes and surprise attacks (shown as Luftwaffe troops)
Commandos : same as Brandenburgers but for the Allies (shown as Canadian Mechs´44)
Pioniere : able to lay or destroy mines, errect obstacles and barricades, build and destroy or repair bridges
Engineers : same as Pioniere but for Allies

28.) Fame (new)
That is to read of Your prestige amount. The higher the amount the higher Your fame. A high fame leads to a more willingly service for You - means the opportunity that special troops or scattered remains of other formations and so on want to follow Your command. Further it can be some of the rules will set off for You. The specific effect depends on how famous You are and how the situation is. The decision what happens is always made by the CM/TM who dices that. You have no possibility to intervene. See also Rule 11.)!

Provisional Status:
- 1000 Prestige (some people have heard of You)
- 2000 Prestige (Hello, Starlet...)
- 3000 Prestige (You are a star now)
- 4000 Prestige (You are a Mega-Star)
- 5000 Prestige (You are the one and only)

Note: That are only guidelines! Much depends on other things as kind of victories, streaks, behaviour concerning foes and allies, personal bravery etc., etc.!

29.) Ransom (new)
If one of Your fellow commanders is captured You can try to pay him free. For a start we try it with the following prices:
- Lieutenant = 100 Points / 0 Prestige
- Captain = 250 Points / 0 Prestige
- Major = 500 Points / 0 Prestige
- Colonel = 750 Points / 250 Prestige
- General = 1000 Points / 500 Prestige
- Field Marshal = 1000 Points / 1000 Prestige

30.) Special Missions & Secret Missions (new)
Sometimes there will be other missions as the common battles. That missions depart in SPECIAL and SECRET missions. The special missions are only to fulfil - no matter how to do this. The secret missions have to be fulfilled as the orders say and, of course, in secret. And if special missions if played on an extra map provide no uncommon prestige if the get lost (except the avatar is captured or all troops surrender) the secret missions can be a real backfiring in this case. The opponent gains an amount of prestige then.
An advantage of special missions is, if for example Your avatar overtakes another army as Your own one, even if You lose You gain experiences at least for Your NOT involved own core troops. That is calculated by Your performance in the special mission. under construction

31.) Retreat
If it isn´t a retreat scenario (means the task set by TM/CM is retreat) You can always decide for Yourself to retreat. You will lose the sector then (depends on the situation), "Kills" will not counted and similar things. But Your army isn´t crushed (if they make it off the map without too many losses) and able to strike back another time.

32.) Experience Levels of Formations (new)
The experience of Your formation depends mainly of how the battles went for Your men. That doesn´t mean all Your men have the same experience status/level.

Currently the levels are as follows:
- green (freshmen with a finished battle drill)
- regular (they have already seen some action)
- veteran (the men gained a bit more victories as defeats)
- crack (the victories are much more as the defeats)
- elite (these men are seldom defeated)

Badges and medals are another part what decides about being a more experienced formation or not.

33.)

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
PAIRS OF OPPONENTS

First OP
Rommel vs Idiot94
Numberz vs Wally
Sphinx vs Owl
Wardog vs Stoffel

Second OP
Rommel vs Wally
Numberz vs Idiot94
Sphinx vs Stoffel
TigerIvan vs Owl
Kashash vs Seel

Third OP
Uffz.Braun vs Owl
Sphinx vs Seel
Kashash vs Stoffel
Gen.Grievous vs Wally
Ken(fgm) vs Idiot94

Fourth OP
-
-
-

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
MEDALS & BADGES

German Medals
(KVM) Kriegsverdienstmedaille / Merit of War Medal - awarded for Bravery 10 Prestige
(KVK2) Kriegsverdienstkreuz (2.Klasse) / Merit of War Cross (2nd Class) - awarded for Acts of great Bravery 20 Prestige
(KVK1) Kriegsverdienstkreuz (1.Klasse) / Merit of War Cross (1st Class) - awarded for setting an example of Bravery and Resource under Fire 30 Prestige
(DKS) Deutsches Kreuz in Silber / German Cross (silver) - awarded for Acts of Gallantry and Devotion to Duty under Fire 40 Prestige
(RKKVK) Ritterkreuz zum Kriegsverdienstkreuz / Knight´s Cross of the Merit of War Cross - awarded for Gallantry in the Field 50 Prestige
(EK2) Eisernes Kreuz (2.Klasse) / Iron Cross (Second Class) - awarded for Gallantry in the Field 60 Prestige
(EK1) Eisernes Kreuz (1.Klasse) / Iron Cross (First Class) - awarded for Gallantry during active Operations against the Enemy 70 Prestige
(DKG) Deutsches Kreuz in Gold / German Cross (gold) - awarded for Gallantry during active Operations against the Enemy 80 Prestige
(RKEK) Ritterkreuz zum Eisernen Kreuz / Knight´s Cross of the Iron Cross (Pour le Merite) - awarded for distinguished Sevices during active Operations against the Enemy 90 Prestige
(GKEK)
Grosskreuz zum Eisernen Kreuz / Great Cross of the Iron Cross - awarded as the highest military Decoration 100 Prestige

Diverse other German Awards
- (FSA) Fallschirmschützenabzeichen / Paratroopers Badge (Fanaticism for all Troops 50%)
- (PVA) Panzervernichtungsabzeichen / Armor Demolition Badge (Fanaticism for all Troops 25%)
- (NSP) Nahkampfspange / Close Combat Clasp (Fanaticism for regular and better Troops 50%)
- (VA) Verwundetenabzeichen / Injured Badge (Fanaticism for regular and better Troops 25%)

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
British Medals

(MiD) Mentioned in Dispatches - awarded for Bravery 10 Prestige
(GM) George Medal - awarded for Acts of great Bravery 20 Prestige
(DSM)
Distinguished Service Medal - awarded for setting an example of Bravery and Resource under Fire 30 Prestige
(MM) Military Medal - awarded for Acts of Gallantry and Devotion to Duty under Fire 40 Prestige
(CGM) Conspicuous Gallantry Medal - awarded for Gallantry in the Field 50 Prestige
(DCM) Distinguished Conduct Medal - awarded for Gallantry in the Field 60 Prestige
(MC) Military Cross (only for Major beneath) - awarded for Gallantry during active Operations against the Enemy 70 Prestige
(DSC) Distinguished Service Cross - awarded for Gallantry during active Operations against the Enemy 80 Prestige
(DSO)
Distinguished Service Order - awarded for distinguished Sevices during active Operations against the Enemy 90 Prestige
(VC) Victoria Cross - awarded as the highest military Decoration 100 Prestige

Diverse other British Awards
- (PB) Paratroopers Badge (Fanaticism for all Troops 50%)
- (TDB) Tank Destruction Badge (Fanaticism for all Troops 25%)
- (MSC) Melee & Skirmish Clasp (Fanaticism for regular and better Troops 50%)
- (IB) Injured Badge (Fanaticism for regular and better Troops 25%)

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
RESULTS

First Operation

OP1B1
Rommel vs Idiot94 ..... 15 % : 85 %
Numberz vs Wally ..... 75 % : 25 %
Sphinx vs Owl ............. 75 % : 25 %
Wardog vs Stoffel ...... 33 % : 67%
OP1B2
Rommel vs Idiot94 ..... 58 % : 42 %
Numberz vs Wally ..... 76 % : 24 %
Sphinx vs Owl ............. 76 % : 24 %
Wardog/Sempai vs Stoffel ..... 73 % : 27 %
OP1B3
Rommel vs Idiot94 ..... 14 % : 86 % (changed to 0 % : 100 %)
Numberz vs Wally ..... 79 % : 21 % (changed to 100 % : 0 %)
Sphinx vs Owl ............. 52 % : 48 %
Wardog/Grievious vs Stoffel ...... 34 % : 66 % (changed to 0 % : 100 %)
OP1B4
Numberz vs Idiot94 ...... 48 % : 52 %
Grievious vs Wally ....... 74 % : 26 %
Sphinx vs Owl ............... 56 % : 44 %
KenFGM vs Stoffel ...... 69 % : 31 %

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
Changes for the Formations Restrictions and Rules 18 & 19

- not more as 2 Companies Inf (Your Main Forces)
- not more then 2 Sharpshooters
- not more then 6 PzSchrecks or PIATs/Anti-Tank-Rifles
- not more then 6 Flamethrowers
- not more then 4 Tankhunters
- not more then 4 HMGs
- not more then 6 Mortars
- not more then 6 LMGs
- not more then 4 Guns
- not more then 6 Vehicles
- not more then 4 Tanks
- all troops mentioned in Rule 27 aren´t available as Main Forces (except You gain a permission from HQ)

Artillery/Planes and stationary Units (Fortifications) aren´t available - except they are set for the Scenario by me.

Greetings :)

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
Exchange of Axis and Allied Tank & Vehicle Types if captured

Armor
- Stuart = Pz-IIC or Lynx
- Crusader MK-III = Pz-III (long barrelled)
- M10 = Pz-IVJ
- Sherman IIA = Pz-IV (long barrelled)
- Valentine IX = Pz-III (late and short barrelled) with Tungsten ammunition instead of AP shots
- Sherman = Pz-IVF (Stummel) with HC rounds instead of AP shots
- Priest = Wespe
- Churchill-XI (95mm) = Tiger-I

Vehicles
- Humber II & III, Marmon-Herrington II (20mm) = PSW 222
- M5 HT = SPW 251/1
- Marmon-Herrington II (47mm) = PSW 222 with Tungsten ammunition instead of AP shots

Units
- 105mm/23 Howitzer (Allies) = 105mm/28 Howitzer (Axis)

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
FORMATIONS

WEHRMACHT (WM)
- green (green reinforcements, 4 tank slots)
- regular (green reinforcements, 4 tank slots)
- veteran (regular reinforcements, 5 tank slots)
- crack (veteran reinforcements, 6 tank slots)
- elite (veteran reinforcements, 8 tank slots)

SCHUTZSTAFFEL (SS)
- veteran (veteran reinforcements, 6 tank slots)
- crack (veteran reinforcements, 8 tank slots)
- elite (veteran reinforcements, 10 tank slots)

ROYAL ARMY (RA)
- green (green reinforcements, 4 tank slots)
- regular (green reinforcements, 4 tank slots)
- veteran (regular reinforcements, 5 tank slots)
- crack (veteran reinforcements, 6 tank slots)
- elite (veteran reinforcements, 8 tank slots)

FRENCH FOREIGN LEGION (FFL) / SOUTH AFRICAN FORCES (SAF)
- veteran (veteran reinforcements, 6 tank slots)
- crack (veteran reinforcements, 8 tank slots)
- elite (veteran reinforcements, 10 tank slots)

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
For OP-2 (Sicily/Husky) counts the flags will set dynamically. That means it will only set a few flags of the ones You can see on Your preparation map. And depending on how it is going the missing ones will set in the following battles. So every new battle becomes harder for the Axis side since it will become more and more flags what will have to be hold.
Further the Allies have naval bombardement and air strikes in their repertoire.
Even if the general paramters say the first battle starts by dawn the FIRST THREE battles will be midday. That´s because of the sunny climate there and should show the bright mornings, days and evenings. The night battle is shown as dusk. Same reason as for the earlier mentioned conditions.

P.S.: Hope, I didn´t forget something.

For the coming HUSKY map/OP it will there will be some things to observe. The map is very tricky. If You have too many or too few troops You will suffer a great part, I think. So it will work as follows:

- every commander can decide if he want to place all (with excaptions) or only a part of his troops for every battle.
- axis commanders can´t use more as two Tigers to the same time/in one battle
- all in all axis side may not have more as two Inf companies on he map (means if there is already a italian company You can only use one of Your own yet - counts for cmdrs. who have already full Inf slots)
- spare italian companies (if You chose to set rather two of Your own companies) will not be lost - they wait in a pool for further use
- every used italian company, no matter if they suffered or not, vanishs after the battle is over
- for the first two battles allied commanders will have a little arty support (set by CM/TM)

Maybe that will change a bit yet. Have still to test that a bit.

General starting situation of the SICILY-OP is as follows: Axis is taken by surprise. They didn´t expect the Allies to go so hard and swift for Sicily. So defenders are in a bad situation because they have to gather first for a strong respond. Further the Allies are already on land with a greater amount of troops. So the Axis hasn´t much options as it seems. Many axis troops are on their way to the eastern front to assist in the great planned battle near Kursk. So Italy and Sicily are almost stripped of elite formations who could do a strong counter attack of their own.
On the other hand the Allies still have to land their main forces. It seems in the early morning planes went into the hinterland. Maybe airborne troops? Some inscrutable radio messages reached the coastal defense. It seems allied paratroopers deliver themselfs hot encounters with german paratroopers and special trained anti-paratrooper forces.
So the situation is unclear for both sides.

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
AXIS SIDE
Rommel/KENfgm
Numberz/Wojciech/Uffz.Braun
Sphinx
Wardog/Grievious
Kashash

ALLIED SIDE
Idiot94
Wally
Owl
Stoffel
Seel

The Modus Operandi I use is as follows:
1.) Before every battle I send You the empty map with only Your own troops on it for the coming fight. The map will show You the terrain, raw/rough setup zones, starting weather conditions etc. Sometimes You will find fixed (enemy/own) units on the map. That is to show known positions or similar. One could see it as intelligence information or whatever.

2.) After You checked Your troops and took a look around the map You send me Your request of troops, upgrades etc. what You want done before the coming battle.
Note: I´ll ask only one time and don´t run after You for info as I did the last time we played MBC. If You don´t read the rules - Your problem. If You have questions You can ask me via mail or here at the MBC section. I´ll answer immediately so far possible.

3.) I implement Your requests on the battle map so far they following the rules - means You have the points to buy what You want, the time frame is so You can buy what You want etc.

4.) I set both the passwords for the opponents and send always the first file to the AXIS SIDE. That will be done in a way the other side can´t look into Your setup even if we play no tournament mode. Special Thanks to Henk from the WaT website who made that possible.

5.) You send me all Your files AFTER You finshed Your current battle. I don´t want the files one after another. Only exception is if a problem occurs and have to look into the ongoing battle. Then You have to send me the requested files or file.

6.) I´ll manually check Your losses, kills, abandoned units, POWs etc. From that data I refresh Your personal table I write continually for You. That will need some time and so more player play so longer it lasts.
Therefore I´m thinking of a Second in Command. But that will only happen if the situation allows that.

7.) The whole Modus Operandi starts anew.

Further it can be I delete some threads or posts from time to time because of different reasons. That counts only for "unimportant" posts/threads (answers of You and me what aren´t of use anymore) or double postings etc.

Last edited:

Sempai

FGM Major
HOW TO DO PURCHASE IN MBC (technical seen)

- I send You a map with only Your troops on it and the new setup zone
- You take a look and decide what You will need (f.e. a new platoon Inf or a better Crew for the tank etc.)
- You go in the CMAK Scenario Editor, push the "Parameters" button and set date of war and region on the needed settings (currently May 1943 and North Africa)
- still in the Editor You push the "Units/Troops Editor" button and select the unit You want to buy
- the unit will appear on the right side and behind that stand a price for each part of the unit (if it´s infantry or a platoon units) as does above under the title "Total" (that´s the price for the complete unit)
- that prices are important for You to decide what to buy and what I use for calculating
- the advantage of the CMAK Editor is he shows all original prices without rarity but shows You the percentage of rarity behind the prices
- for us only the original prices are important

I hope that will help You and me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.