MEAT GRINDER IS THE 2016 LADDER CHAMPION

SlySniper

FGM Colour Sergeant
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
What does the white and black mean on Booties spread sheet for the ladder stats.

Plus, I think there should be a policy change, any game should be allowed to be reported if you are playing other members of this site. This concept of both players having to agree on it is a joke. It is pretty easy to know when to decline if that is all that matters to you. So in other words, If I only agreed when the battle favors me, the results are easily biased. (Since I was denied reporting wins by some players knowing just that, they were in a battle that likely would lead to a loss). Anyway just a comment.

Bootie

FGM OWNER
ADMIN
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
greershane@gmail.com
But some games are very unbalanced in the likes of campaign games.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Gnarly

FGM Company Sergeant Major
(Since I was denied reporting wins by some players knowing just that, they were in a battle that likely would lead to a loss).
Had your opponents agreed to a ladder game before battle start, and then changed their mind afterwards? I don't think that's very cool.

Plus, I think there should be a policy change, any game should be allowed to be reported if you are playing other members of this site. This concept of both players having to agree on it is a joke..
?? Of course, any game played against an FGM member can be reported here. But I have no issues with it requiring both players agreeing to it being a ladder game in advance; there are some players who simply don't like the pressure/ranking inherent in any 'ladder', and simply want to battle. Similarly, pretty much any Black Sea game involving the US is heavily biased; some of us like to battle to see what's possible, even though the Russians are the almost guaranteed losers.

It doesn't take much communication to establish whether game will be ladder or not.

SlySniper

FGM Colour Sergeant
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
good points, and I must agree.
but it still does not prevent the system from possible abuse on how things are reported.

Bootie, thanks for the reply, but you still did not answer my question on the white and black category in your spread sheet.

Last edited:

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Usually plays single player.
good points, and I must agree.
but it still does not prevent the system from possible abuse on how things are reported.

Bootie, thanks for the reply, but you still did not answer my question on the white and black category in your spread sheet.
Black and White - The ELO system we now use was first a foremost designed for Chess clubs so it's a 'Black vs White' scenario. There is really very little that we can now filter/breakdown now between simple wins and losses. (ie no more pretty graphs from me showing the play styles of the FGM membership / country of origin etc). However we can use the White and Black splits for Allies vs Axis / Blue Force vs Red Force at a bare minium but the website hasn't been updated yet.

Generally as long as both players are FGM members and agree to the match being recorded on the ladder there hasn't been a problem. IRC I think there's been three cases of "WTF! This wasn't a ladder match!" I can think of out of the 300 plus so far recorded. Some scenarios are inherently unbalanced but you see quite a few of the what I call "MP Mad" :D members set up mirror matches so it balances out as both players get a chance to played the favoured side. Tournamenets are just pre-agreed scenarios/QB's so there's been no real problems there. Campaign battles are another thing entirely and are rarely balanced, but the membership by default have never really reported them to begin with even without a hard and fast rule on the matter from Bootie or myself.

SlySniper

FGM Colour Sergeant
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Thanks for the answers and explanation,
I guess I am too much of a perfectionist when it comes to many things and when I see or experience flaws, just am not very accepting and look for change.

In truth, it did a fair job of representing my year here at least, it recorded 6 wins, 8 losses for me and 4 draws. And I am not sure, but I recall at least six matches not recorded which could have of should have in my train of thought. 3 wins, 2 losses and a draw.

so really, the type of results would be very similar still..

One of these day, when I decide I have plenty of extra time, I will hoist a tournament here on the site, similar to what I did on Bf site multiple times. It has a whole different way of weeding out who is the better players:D

MeatEtr

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
@Meat Grinder is the ladder champ eh? What a crock of sh!t. Did you ever report all those times I whooped yo ass? I bet not. What a show-off! If I cared I'd be right up there beside you in the standings. Probably even above of you. But I dont need a stinking ladder to tell me if im good or not and I dont want my opponents to know my skill level either. They will know soon enough hehe! :p :D

Seriously though, joking aside, congrats buddy. You earned it! Cheers to you!

Badger73

FGM SITE OVERSEER
ADMIN
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
None.
Email
mvangroll@msn.com
Belated congratulations to you @Meat Grinder! Well done. Let's see what 2017 brings! :2charge:

El Supremo question (that be you, GroƟ Herr @Bootie); Have the 2017 Ladder Participant ribbons been awarded yet? I was hoping for more lettuce on my chest. Did I sleep through that formation too? :kilroy:

Last edited: