Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Members Past & Present

As most of you usually see my ugly mug in the YouTube videos... here is a pic of my workstation... the beating heart of FGM and my happy place... LOL

20161011_005823_zpsdydwczts.jpg

105mm L109 (Abbot)"; L109 was little used, probably to avoid confusion with 155 mm M109 that entered UK service at about the same time. The name "Abbot" continued the Second World War style of naming self-propelled artillery after ecclesiastical titles. The FV433 used a different configuration of power pack from other vehicles in the FV430 series.@fabishd

Nice, I have the SL, PL, PB, I also have Third reich but never found anyone that was interested in playing. A buddy in the Air force turned me on to wargaming with Panzer Leader, never looked back.
I too played the hell out of PL and PB ... The wife and I still play Wooden Ships and Iron men every now and then

I really enjoy playing CM, especially with human opponents, but there is something to be said about playing a good board game sitting across the table from your opponent. Good dice rolls, shitty dice rolls, the occasional throwing the dice across the room, can't be matched by a computer war game. After playing PL and PB, finding Squad leader was great, I believe that CM is the closest thing to SL, any thoughts on that? My son got into playing "Axis and Allies" a few years back. After looking at those games, Hasbro simply dumbed down the Avalon Hill games when they bought the company. Fun to play with a group of guys though.

Today I learned there was a Dune board game!

@Panzer Lehr I love that pic. I had many of those same games. My favorite board game story was the day a friend came over early one Saturday morning (this was in the early 1980s) with his copy of The Longest Day. We set it up and literally played All Day Long, and if I remember correctly, we just played a scenario, not the actual campaign game, which could take weeks. Anyway, after playing *all day* it finally came down to one die roll, with a 50/50 chance of winning or losing. I think he won. Cue Nerd Rage!

Back