Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Military Operations game...anyone seen this before

I saw on Wargamer.com that they are saying the MO benchmark test to see if your machine is adequate to run the game will be released mid-June. Very ambitious project for sure. But if they can pull it off sounds like an amazing operational simulation in the offing.

Agreed...however, not sure what everyone's fixation is to play the supreme commander, then dive down to play a tank....either play a tank or be supreme commander....

Agreed...however, not sure what everyone's fixation is to play the supreme commander, then dive down to play a tank....either play a tank or be supreme commander....

I wouldn’t go as far to say Fixation, Absolutely nothing wrong with other gaming options and some variety. Do you have the same meal every night? or do you occasionally like to have some desert as well :)

I wouldn’t go as far to say Fixation, Absolutely nothing wrong with other gaming options and some variety. Do you have the same meal every night? or do you occasionally like to have some desert as well :)

Point taken Titan. Battlestations Midway, Pacific Storm and Atlantic Fleet manage to pull it off in naval warfare, will be interesting if the same thing can be pulled off in MO.

18Gb Benchmark program! Turns out my potato can run the game, just scrapes in I think. Obviously going to be RTS, maybe at that scale it might be okay.

18Gb Benchmark program! Turns out my potato can run the game, just scrapes in I think. Obviously going to be RTS, maybe at that scale it might be okay.
Be interestingto see how it plays...Was looking at that steel divison in the east looks good. But i have the first version and im put off by how fast everything moves..to much racing around clicking as fast as i can to even enjoy the nice graphics which is a shame....

Agree, re Steel Div 2. Watched a multiplayer match on YT and it just seemed like a click-fest. Could not make head or tails of the strategy or tactics used - if they were! Cannot see the sense in having such good graphics when you cannot use it for gameplay or even just for eye candy. Shame that Combat Mission was not owned by an outfit like Eugen. The pace of development at BF is glacial. Look at the lead time for CMFI Rome to Victory! No real progress it seems, just period graphics added.

RTS can work in a thoughtful manner if the scale is right. CMANO is a good example.

Agree, re Steel Div 2. Watched a multiplayer match on YT and it just seemed like a click-fest. Could not make head or tails of the strategy or tactics used - if they were! Cannot see the sense in having such good graphics when you cannot use it for gameplay or even just for eye candy. Shame that Combat Mission was not owned by an outfit like Eugen. The pace of development at BF is glacial. Look at the lead time for CMFI Rome to Victory! No real progress it seems, just period graphics added.

RTS can work in a thoughtful manner if the scale is right. CMANO is a good example.

I would have to think Graviteam muis front does the best Job, In fact we could almost say CM is as well as you have the option to play real time as well. of which i have...But i do like the replays :) and Turn based. Nothing like having a nice Beverage of some sorts :) Contemplating ones turn

Back