Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Miscellaneous

1935, the then Germany's Minister of War, .Gen. Werner Eduard Fritz von Blomberg (1878/1946), poses for Swedish sculptor Gustav Adolf Hedblom (1898/1972).
XuN2fCZ.jpg

Last edited:
Reenactments maybe?:unsure:
Member of the Spanish Falange (or Spanish Phalanx) in Burgos.
I had to look up what the "Spanish Falange" was, something like the "Made in Spain" version of fascism. In other words, it was a party that would embody the principles of fascism in Spain, active between 1933 and 1934.
Anyway, that Astra 900 pistol looks nice!:love:
O614ssg.jpg

Last edited:
Reenactments maybe?:unsure:
Member of the Spanish Falange (or Spanish Phalanx) in Burgos.
I had to look up what the "Spanish Falange" was, something like the "Made in Spain" version of fascism. In other words, it was a party that would embody the principles of fascism in Spain, active between 1933 and 1934.
Anyway, that Astra 900 pistol looks nice!:love:
O614ssg.jpg

Amazing how they restore those old photos, the detail really pops out.

The pistol made me think of a pistol in the Clint Eastwood movie "Joe Kidd" from 1972. I thought it looked so cool looking. :cool:
Great scene with him shooting things up so I researched it.

Turns out it was a Mauser C96.

GuKC6Di.jpg

"The Mauser C96 (Construktion 96) is a semi-automatic pistol that was originally produced by German arms manufacturer Mauser from 1896 to 1937.[13] Unlicensed copies of the gun were also manufactured in Spain and China in the first half of the 20th century."

eu3qu9u.jpg

"The pandemic broke out near the end of World War I, when wartime censors in the belligerent countries suppressed bad news to maintain morale, but newspapers freely reported the outbreak in neutral Spain, creating a false impression of Spain as the epicenter and leading to the "Spanish flu" misnomer.

The pandemic is conventionally marked as having begun on 4 March 1918 with the recording of the case of Albert Gitchell, an army cook at Camp Funston in Kansas, United States...."

Back