Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Mobile Version of TFGM

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Guys it was brought to my attention by Egger that the mobile version of FGM was awful. I never really go on my mobile directly to the site preferring to use tapatalk but I went and had a look and boy was it bad. So bad in fact that I have dusted down the default software for the site and sure enough it runs perfectly on the mobile and the desktop with only the chatbox not being dragged across.

For those that prefer a light style or visit the site mostly through their mobile devices then be sure to use the default theme. Selectable from the bottom of the forum boards.

Here it is running on my LG-G4.

Picture 1.jpg

Guys... we arent using Tapatalk anymore as it appears it was responsible for continually knocking the site offline for hours at a time.

The database crashes if there are more than 20 simultaneous connections and every day Tapatalk would hit the database to sweep the site and update the posts on the mobile version thus crashing the site. So alas it has been discared unless I can think of a workaround. On the plus side the theme currently works perfectly on mobile phones.

Shane

Guys... we arent using Tapatalk anymore as it appears it was responsible for continually knocking the site offline for hours at a time.

The database crashes if there are more than 20 simultaneous connections and every day Tapatalk would hit the database to sweep the site and update the posts on the mobile version thus crashing the site. So alas it has been discared unless I can think of a workaround. On the plus side the theme currently works perfectly on mobile phones.

Shane

That's okay too - wasn't such a big fan of Tapatalk anyway - found it quite clunky to use.

Back