Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[Mods] Aris and Other Popular Mods Combined into Easy to Download Packs

One more question, - you say above "the thing to remember is you have mod tags [muddy], [snow], [whitewash], [autumn], and [spring] which is not used yet, these mod tags kick in on certain situations..." - where are these mod tags located - when I go into the editor and click on mod tags, all I see are import, export or clear options - so I'd assume then the tags located in the mod graphics themselves, correct, or am I supposed to put something into the mod tag section of the editor in the scenarios manually

There is a few threads over at BFC.... here is one http://community.battlefront.com/topic/97104-how-to-install-mods/?page=1

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/113401-mod-tags-how-to-for-you/#comment-1506034

Last edited by a moderator:
Those mod tags @Fredrocker listed are built in - that's is now the different ground conditions result in a different look for the vehicles. I believe you can use them directly but the game will also be adding the automatic ones based on the weather so I do not know how that will interact with you putting them into a scenario by hand. The scenario editor mod tags are mean to be used for your custom mods so you can ship a scenario or series of scenarios that will use specific set of custom mods and and their presence will not mess with the look of units etc in other scenarios.

Those mod tags @Fredrocker listed are built in - that's is now the different ground conditions result in a different look for the vehicles. I believe you can use them directly but the game will also be adding the automatic ones based on the weather so I do not know how that will interact with you putting them into a scenario by hand. The scenario editor mod tags are mean to be used for your custom mods so you can ship a scenario or series of scenarios that will use specific set of custom mods and and their presence will not mess with the look of units etc in other scenarios.
Yea... what the 'Cat' said... :)

Do these contain his smoke and fire mods too?
This is a very old pack and not complete. It was constructed before CMMODSIII was live and Aris released a bunch of mods after this. Actually surprised you can still download this since it's privately hosted by a former member.

Suggest heading to CMMODSIII and searching 'Aris.'

Maybe is a stupid question, but is Aris still releasing mods?
Because I noticed than in FB not all vehicles have been updated and his work is really great!

Inexperienced question: are all the mods produced over the years still compatible with the last engine upgrade or something is outdated now?

I just reinstalled and upgraded to engine 4.0 yesterday and I am wondering if I can put all mods under the Z folder like in the past (several years ago).

Inexperienced question: are all the mods produced over the years still compatible with the last engine upgrade or something is outdated now?

I just reinstalled and upgraded to engine 4.0 yesterday and I am wondering if I can put all mods under the Z folder like in the past (several years ago).

You should do, I still use the same mods from day 1.

How old were your previous installs? There was a change to the way uniforms were handled (naming) I think in the upgrade from 2 to 3. So, some really old uniform mods need fixing up. There is an occasional model fix that might make a vehicle mod not work correctly. If you see something odd try removing the mod for that vehicle.

In CMRT I found some of Aris's mods look goofy in the snow because the stock white wash and his summer paint get mixed together since his mods were created before show was a thing.

The name of the latest uniform graphics files inherent to the game start with 'smod'. For example, smod_german_lw_m43_officer-jr-uniform.bmp. Older versions of the game do not include 'smod'. Consequently, older uniform mods, which do not begin with 'smod' will not be seen in current versions of the game. There is no need to rename the old mods because currently correctly named uniform mods are available for all forces in CMBN in all its iterations. I do not know if that is also the case for CMFB, CMFI and CMRT.

Back