Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Mortar Bug

Nemesis

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
In 2 games I currently have going, my on-map mortars are having an issue.

They have ammunition (HE and Smoke) and targets in their LOS, but any attempts to target will show as "Out of Range" when they are clearly in range. That or targets will read "Invalid Smoke Target." They won't fire.

This all started the first time that I fired smoke in support of my troops. Now ALL my mortars are having this issue.

Does anyone know how to break this bug? I plan on moving and redeploying, but is there anything else I can do?

Thats weird, in 2 CMBN games I had situations where my armor had orders to area fire, it showed that the units were aiming, firing, reloading then firing again but never fired a shot. One was our first game with my Immobilised Stug, the other was a game with @sspoom.

I have found that when you aim mortars at a spot on the map, it will "Snap" your aim to the center of the nearest grid (your aimpoint will change slightly). You have to check your LOS to this NEW spot. Sometimes, your mortar can see the aimpoint that you wanted to fire at, but not the revised position that the computer picks. In that case, your mortars (or machine guns or tank cannons or small arms) will not fire.

Back