Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[MOVIE] Blade Runner 2049

Honestly? Disappointed. Its 2 hrs 45 min and for the most part nothing happens. Ironically, after all that time, I thought it ended about 5 min too soon!
Soo Sloow. If the director had asked Gossling to walk faster they could have cut 20 minutes from the movie.
Even, after a while, that beautiful cinematography got to me. The whole thing was so dark and grimy. Surely there has to be some sunlight somewhere. Oh, its the pollution. Wait, is there pollution inside as well? I have other rants, but, never mind. If the appearance of the original Deckard can't lift a movie it can't be lifted.
It didn't cost me anything (other than a chunk of my life) so I'm mostly glad I saw it. Mostly.

I like it, the rithm seems slow for some, but it's a device itself in the narrative. The photography is gorgeous and the history was really interesting. It's along with the original one great piece of sci-fi.

Well being a huge fan of the original sci-fi classic from the early 80s, I went into this with average expectations. It's ok.... worth the time, yes definitely. It could of been better but could of been worse. Yeah it seems to drag sometimes, even I like some artsy cinematography, but they could of trimmed it down.

Currently getting my sci-fi gaming fix playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Was a big fan of the original but was pretty disappointed with the last one Human Revolution. But this third one is far better.

Here's the trailer:

No, not finished yet. Got distracted binge watching 'Six" about the USN Seals, second season.

If you like "Six" it is hardly surprising that you didn't like Blade Runner.

[QUOTE="rocketman, post: 254941, member: 2784"but nothing can really replace Rutger Hauer, right?[/QUOTE]

I used to work as a youth in a local supermarket. Rutger Hauer did his shopping there (he lived close by) and I saw him there a couple of times. Even :)cool:) spoke with him when he asked if there were more grapes....
It is while back. Maybe even before the original Blade Runner movie.

[QUOTE="rocketman, post: 254941, member: 2784"but nothing can really replace Rutger Hauer, right?

I used to work as a youth in a local supermarket. Rutger Hauer did his shopping there (he lived close by) and I saw him there a couple of times. Even :)cool:) spoke with him when he asked if there were more grapes....
It is while back. Maybe even before the original Blade Runner movie.[/QUOTE]

Did he ever buy French Fries (hint, hint, The Hitcher ...)?

Edit: what's up with quotes?

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
Did he ever buy French Fries (hint, hint, The Hitcher ...)?

Edit: what's up with quotes?[/QUOTE]

No idea about the qoutes.

The boring answer about the French Fries is that overhere the (normal) thicker fries are the norm. In the late 70's and early 80's there weren't hardly any McDonalds yet so French Fries were unknown.

Well I really enjoyed it - the film that is - truly in the tradition of the First, great cinematography, some great lines, wondrous setting and mystery galore. (If it had revealed too much it would have spoiled the first.) OTOH I do see where it is a film of it's time/genre and therefore not for everyone (A good thing IMNSHO).

I used the "Reply" button like I always do but somehow it turned up weird. The reason I commented was that Burt's quote in the post before mine looked the same.

I used the "Reply" button like I always do but somehow it turned up weird. The reason I commented was that Burt's quote in the post before mine looked the same.
@Bert Blitzkrieg messed up his quote, happens sometimes when folks edit their quote and accidentally delete a bracket ]. If you look closely he’s missing the bracket after the member number. So when you quoted him it also messed up yours.

@Rico Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! You killed Grover.................... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

the Muppet revenge will be harsh :eek: (I dunno, your guess is as good as mine)

Back