Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[MOVIE] Sand Pebbles

Was switching channels last night and stumbled onto this. It has been a loong time since I'd seen it so got some popcorn and a brew and tuned in (its long). Great cast with Steve McQueen and Candy (as she was known then) Bergen, among others. Really enjoyed it, although I'd forgotten that this is a hard movie to watch. Some disturbing and emotional scenes. Not a happy movie by any definition. Very much worth your time though if it got by you, or if its been a while. Being a period picture it still holds up extremely well IMHO.

Here's the trailer. Try to ignore the melodramatic hyperbole if you can. Really, it is not the Sound of Music.

My cable television provider (Spectrum) still had this "On Demand" until the end of January. Watched it with my wife last week. It is a good script extremely well acted. I had forgotten just how long this movie is ( 3 hours ) and that it is much more a drama than an action film. It was interesting for me to note some of the anti-war ambivalence of the Vietnam War time period when the film was made creep into the story line a bit. The film also paints a pretty realistic back story to how horrible things were in China during the 1920's and 1930's. A Chinese friend once told me that as bad subsequent Communist rule may seem, it was the only improvement available to replace something far times worse.

Back