Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[MOVIE} The Red Badge of Courage (1951)

Youtube doesn't like me these days. It won't let me leave comments there anymore.

Nice review. "Red Badge of Courage" is a classic book but lacks as a film. Audie Murphy was a hero but not an actor.
Ya shoulda gone with "Go For Broke" . .
biggrin.gif

I'd like to recommend that you next review "Redball Express" but the film obviously whitewashes that the historical effort was staffed primarily with African-American soldiers, what the US Army called "Colored" soldiers back then. So maybe it's time to review something British. I vote "Angel One Five".

@Badger You got kicked off of You Tube!? :geek: Sorry I missed your comments. LOL
As for RBoC I think it still holds up pretty well for being 67 yrs old! I'd read the book as a teenager, but saw the movie shortly thereafter and it actually improved my understanding (keep in mind my age) and started me down my eventual path for all things ACW.
Yeah, Murphy couldn't act a lick, but his wooden style and southern accent had a bit of charm all of its own. Audiences of the time seemed to love him both for his good guy rolls in (mainly western) movies and, of course, for his real world heroics as well.

Oh, and I vote for Red Ball Express. If you haven't seen Jeff Chandler over act get yourself ready. Although I really liked him in Away All Boats. That's my nominee for 1956.

Last edited:
Back