Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[Movie] Waterloo

I watched this just the other day - first time in many years. Can attest to the overall great quality of the linked upload, and the movie itself is still a masterpiece in huge scale conflict reenactment. Something like 16,000 soviet troops used as extras? Amazing.

When I was at Junior School my whole year group were taken by bus to the local Odeon Cinema to watch a matinee screening of this magnum opus.........you can't beat a proper education :shootero:

A film I saw as a kid. Amazing pre-CGI battlescenes. I also thought that it managed to encapsulate Wellington and Napoleon and make both of them believable and also the chalk/cheese nature of the two adversaries. (I mean, I have seen it many times since then!)

Great reminder - have seen it before too, as well as visiting the monument as a boy when we lived in Belgium.

You might find this interesting too......

Also I'd recommend Professor Richard Holmes 3 pt documentary on Wellington which includes information on Waterloo.....available on YT - it is excellent.

Thanks.

Steve

Last edited:
Back