Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Mystery Package Opening

I do have an early addition.
However you can get the complete set (?) on Amazon for as little as ÂŁ5.88 plus postage. Used but look in reasonable condition.

See link... as these keep disappearing depending on how it is worded!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-l...ywords=winston+churchill+second+world+war+set

Just rechecked... that maybe volume 1 only.

Also there appears to be a volume 7 (see on Amazon as a paperback), printed in 1968.

The Second World War. Volume 7. The Hinge Of Fate - The Onslaught Of Japan. Heron Wwii Set Paperback – 1968

Last edited:
The set of books I have I think were printed during 1954, by Cassell & Sons, however it is a set.

Think you may be looking for a first edition on the last volume,

First edition (hardcover) in six volumes
  1. The Gathering Storm (1948)
  2. Their Finest Hour (1949)
  3. The Grand Alliance (1950)
  4. The Hinge of Fate (1950)
  5. Closing the Ring (1951)
  6. Triumph and Tragedy (1953) (Prefix by Churchill 30th September 1953)
You may only find the volumes your looking for in the USA, found this on wiki.

The Second World War has been issued in editions of six, twelve and four volumes, as well as a single-volume abridgment. Some volumes in these editions share names, such as Triumph and Tragedy but the contents of the volumes differ, covering varying portions of the book.

The country of first publication was the United States, preceding publication in the United Kingdom by six months. This was a consequence of the many last minute changes which Churchill insisted be made to the London Cassell edition, which he considered to be definitive.

Last edited:
Back