Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

New Boy

P

Proff

Hi all,

Have just found your site on-line, have had CMBN for 3 weeks and love it. Question is this, I have looked on BF web site and there are loads of pretty good looking mods on there, & scenarios. Problem is I am a complete Biff with computers, could some one tell me in very simple terms how I would install a mod, say for arguments sake the 12SS uniform mod that is on the site. many thanks, Perry

Welcome to the club.

Installing mods is simple.

1 - Download the mod.

2 - Open where you installed the CMBN files.

3 - Double click Data folder.

4 - Right click and choose make new folder.

5 - Name this folder Z.

6 - Extract the mod files you originally downloaded into the Z folder.

7 - Restart CMBN.

Hey Presto. Mod upload complete.

Welcome Proff :welcome:. I think you will enjoy it here. Where you from? Age? Occupation? ect :biggrin:

Dont forget.
WHAT CAN I PLACE IN THE Z FOLDER?: Brz files, BMPs and WAVs, Text files, and any folders containing the aforementioned.

I you like I can zip my Z folder and sent it to you. Then you are done straight away.

Welcome Proff. all dease utter guys can help ya wit da puter questions... enjoy

Thanks, all, a quick bit of background on me, have crawled past that magic number 40, and have just left the British Army after 22 years not so quiet service. served in the Royal Armoured Corps, as Armoured Recon for 11 years then as a Tank crewman, and finally for my last 9 years as a Tank commander, have served in most of the nice places on this planet, Iraq, Afghanistan (where I was part of 40 Commando Royal Marines Recce troop ) and various other places, Thanks for the help with my problem, Dutch Grenadier, that would be much appreciated if you could do that, I take it it is then a matter of just unzipping the mods you want?
Cheers all, and am looking forward to many happy battles.

P.S does anyone know what the first exspansion module is & when it's out?

Fear Naught

served in the Royal Armoured Corps, as Armoured Recon for 11 years

Greetings Brother in Arms!

I spend 9 years in the army recon (Dutch army). Infantry and armoured recon.

Do you use dropbox? I'll sent you the zipped Z file. It contains most of the hotest mods today :p

Hi DG,
Drop Box, never heard of it my friend. I am believe it or not a right computer idiot, I can turn it on, load a game & thats it :frusty:
not to good I know, but I am sure we can work something out.

Perry

I am believe it or not a right computer idiot, I can turn it on, load a game & thats it :frusty:

Same here my friend, same here...

Sent my your email then I do it the other way

You GUYS!!!!!

Thanks for the welcome gents, and thanks for the help in regards to MODS etc. what a game, started playing the original CM Beyond Overlord in 2000, and have not stopped really (that is when service life allowed) and the game has now come full circle. They have IMHO done a bloody good job, can't wait for the add ons to start, & also for them to fill out the units available and differant vehicles etc. hope to be able to match against a few of you in the future, and the Campaign looks pretty cool.

Many thanks again

Perry

FEAR NAUGHT

Back